need ways to keep DWC res temp down

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by stikyWeedFinger, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Help i need the advice of everyone on how to keep temps down, my white widow is in pain. any and all techniques will be helpful.

2. what is to cold, I just put some ice in res to cool it down it was 85 when I checked:eek:

3. Too cold is below 55F (12.7Celcius.)

Depending on your budget or technical expertise, you can buy/build a resevior chiller. Otherwise, you can fill a bottle up 85% with water, freeze it (don't screw the cap on until you're ready to use it), then dunk that thing in your rez. Obviously the downside to this is the frequent need to change out bottles.

4. Yea, just freeze water bottles and throw em in the res.....make different sizes (pint quart, 2L, gal., etc) and you'll soon figure out which ones bring the temp down X degrees and you'll get a feel for how much to put in. Cheap, ez, no contamination if bottles cleaned and it works.

5. Buy a res. Cooler and a chiller. I wouldn't want to stamd around adding ice cubes all day.

6. I got an ice probe, and seem to chill beyond it's rated capacity,

7. why is your room so hot that your res is 85?

8. also, if your res is on the ground, putting it in the air with room for air flow under neath I heard can help keep the res temp's down too.

9. I was usinh a wrong thermator, I got one for water and now my water sits at 72