need ventalation help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by PIFF KING, May 25, 2009.

1. ok my grow space is 4'tall 2'w and 3'l i have a reflector that has cool holes for it also have a can carbon filter i need to cut holes for the vent and the intake, can i put them all in the back of the box or should i seperate the intake with the outake:confused:

2. For the reflector you can put both holes on the back if you want. For the cabinet itself I like to put one on each side so that the fresh air is pulled through the box before being exhausted. If you had to put them both on the back, I've thought about using a tube for the intake, like a dryer duct or something, to make sure that the intake air enters the grow area from the opposite side as the exhaust. It just seems like it would do a lot more air exchange like that. Otherwise you might get some stale air that really doesn't get moved as much...

3. i got 3 6in inline duct fans coming i put three hole on top of back two for lights one for carbon filter, should i put the inline on the side

4. I'm not really sure if you meant put the inlet on the side. The truth is if you have good air circulation inside your cab with like an oscillating fan it really shouldn't matter where you put the inlet hole. I would probably put it in the side but I can't see your cab and either location might be better according to your particular needs. Put an oscillating fan or two inside your box and put the inlet hole wherever you think it will be more convenient.