Need to stop taking so much; seeking advice

Discussion in 'General' started by MeanStreet5150, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Hello fellow cannabis enthusiasts,

Right now I'm having a bit of a problematic relationship with marijuana. In fact, part of me worries that I might be growing an addiction to it. I really hope that this isn't the case, as I'd definitely like to continue using ganja every once in a while.

Anyway, I used to be an extremely infrequent user of marijuana (probably because I had a really poor, ineffective strain of it) until early this year. Since then I've been consuming it at least once or twice a week, which I think should probably be the norm for me: one or two times a week. Unfortunately, over time I seem to have been using weed more and more often, up to the point where I know almost use it everyday, which is definitely not good for me. While many of you are probably able to consume marijuana everyday with no problem, I'm not sure if that would be the case for me (also, the drug becomes much less effective when I use it this often). In addition, I seem to breaking some other rules I've set for cannabis consumption, such as not using it the day before I have to go driving somewhere (don't worry I haven't been pulled over for DUI yet) or not using it later than 6:30pm.

So in other words, my marijuana habits are becoming increasingly problematic for me, and I'd seriously like to put a cap on how often I use it without giving it up completely. Fortunately, I may have to stop taking it for a while because I lost an important piece to my vaporizer (again) and it'll be a while before I get a replacement part. Nonetheless, I think I could definitely use some advice or suggestions from other, perhaps more experienced marijuana users on how to moderate my consumption. I'm hoping that I find a way to go back to using it about once or twice a week at maximum.

2. My rules with driving are just don't smoke and then drive somewhere afterwards the same day. It's always worked for me, I've never been pulled over and even had cannabis mentioned. What's the 6:30pm thing about? Essentially the only person controlling how much cannabis you use is you. It's all about willpower and just not smoking it. Why do you find yourself smoking? Is it a boredom thing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lol. You set yourself crazy rules. Not after 630. Can't drive the day after? Wtf?
    Try not to refer to a plant as a drug.
    You have been brainwashed. I drive and smoke at the same time. No crashes, no dui or anything. Obviously if you are to high, don't drive. I do a dab every morning right before I leave for work, then smoke part of a joint on the way. People that ride with me do not stigmatize it as much as you, and they don't smoke. If I ask my 63 year old work partner to hand me my jar (at lunch break, driving to get lunch through town), he doesn't flinch. This man will not ride with many people because he feels they are not safe enough. He has rode with me for twelve years now.
    If you only want to use it once a week, do it. Can't nobody here babysit your sack. If it is a cash thing, I understand. dont sound like that th...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Imho, just another anti-weed shill spreading unrest/propaganda.....lets see if he ever posts again, I'm guessing he won't.

• Agree Agree x 1

5. Just dont smoke until you've done everything you need to do if you dont want to drive high lol, if I have stuff to do I won't smoke until I'm done cause then I know I can enjoy my high and chill rather than do stuff lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Almost mentioned the odd word choices. Didn't sound real to me. See it as anti weed propaganda myself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I've noticed most of those posts seem to be generated thru a bot of some sort, they all seem to have perfect punctuation and grammar and never post again...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I get high as fuck and ride a 600. Best thing is taking a fat hit from the vape on the freeway and blowing a big ass cloud, people be like da fuq his helmet in fire ! I flip up the visor and smile, take a few bugs to the face. Mm protein for the munchies. That reefer madness got me like wahzoobagih

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. But it is a drug, what's wrong with calling it one? Lots of drugs come from plants.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I love it when people are that ignorant.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. The context of the post leads me to believe he is referring to different kind of "drug".
    If it makes you feel better thinking you're doing drugs, Thats another topic. I choose not to feel that way about myself tho.