Need to spray bt and spinosad in limited time

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ledhead0014, Aug 25, 2016.

1. I have a powdery mildew/caterpillar/thrip/snail/and everything else you can think of problem and I'm leaving for alaska in 5 days and will be gone for 8 days. I heard you are only supposed to alternate between spinosad and bt weekly, so spraying to close together may cause a counter action.

Think it would be ok if I sprayed bt thursday night, then spinosad sunday night? This is a guerilla grow so I want to limit my number of visits to three at the most if possible. Preferably two

I need to throw something in there for the mildew too...ugh

Also is that snail poo in the fourth pic or do caterpillars leave behind shit too?

1472107880477.jpg
    1472107895867.jpg 1472107903624.jpg
    1472107918556.jpg 1472107925187.jpg

sorry for the sideways pics. Idk how to change that. I guess I'll have to turn my phone next time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not sure about spraying both together? But if I had to choose I would go with the spinosad as it has more pest control then the BT. BT is pretty much just for caterpillars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. If you can get hold of it, Seven Dust will take care of the caterpillars and you can always rinse after you pull your plant at harvest. It will probably help overall with some of the other pests as well. We fight caterpillars around here BIG in the late summer and I know that works. We use it on the veggies in the garden too, so it's not a big deal as far as poisoning you or anything. LOL Looks like your plants could use some nutrients. This might be just an affect from night pics, but they look a bit too yellow/green to be healthy. If you've not been, you might give them a dose of nutes of some sort. It doesn't have to be anything specially designed for MJ plants, just a good overall fertilizer to pep them up a bit. During flower, their nutritional needs change and they need a bit more of some things than others. Read up on the nutritional requirements for one of these plants during flower. I don't know if I would chance going away for 8 days and not being able to tend my plants, but that's me and not you. If you're dealing with pests an worms, etc., chances are, you'll come back to just more damage. But have a happy vacation regardless. LOL TWW

4. You can either mix the Spinosad and Bt together, or mix in two applications and spray separately, both will kill caterpillars. There is no waiting period needed between the two separate applications. Do not use Sevin if you are growing organically and don't want to ingest chemical pesticides.

PW

• Like Like x 1
  5. I use dyna gro foliage pro, dyna gro bloom, pottasium silicate, and epsom salt here and there. Mollasses during flowering

Last year I had this problem but then burned them during the process of fixing them. So I'm weary of adding too much but what I'm adding should be good enough I thought.

My last dose was:

Half tsp of foliage pro (backing off nitrogen for flowering, it was a full tsp earlier)
    Half tsp of bloom
    Teaspoon of epsom salt
    Teaspoon of mollasses
    Quarter tsp of pro tekt

I'm switching to organic and will be giving them an earth juice feeding the night before I leave.

6. #8 ledhead0014, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Spinosad was what I was leaning on if I had to choose. But I realized that it had to be applied three times to be affective? I can only do it once.

For snails I'm doing the copper trick. I think that's the main culprit here

7. Would you please stop telling people to use 7 dust, not that it doesn't work for you. I think most folks here frown at the thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. All of these plants were stolen while I was on vacation so it doesn't matter anymore.

I am truly heartbroken.