Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

NEED to smoke less, any tips?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by headbucket, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Hey guys, I'm relatively new to these forums but I consider myself a moderate to heavy user of cannabis. I smoke about a gram of chronic a day (or under unfavorable conditions, an eighth of mids). I am a sophomore in college and lately I have noticed a dramatic drop in my grades. I just been through a summer in which I have smoked more than I have in my entire life, and was constantly high from dawn to dusk. I also discovered my favorite life experiences in mushrooms. When school started I couldn't let go of this lifestyle I loved so much, so I continued to smoke at this level. I have tried to quit, but every time I try, I convince myself, "One more time". This has happened at least once a week, and when I try to quit I fail almost instantaneously. I know I need to relax a bit with the weed, but I simply cannot do it. I don't even hang out with people who smoke. Can anyone help me out? (Sorry for being so long-winded)

2. There isn't any need for you to quit, just "save the perk 'till after work". ;)
    Get your college stuff done before you reward yourself with something good.

Your grades will bounce right up and you'll save money too. :D

3. Develop some willpower.

4. suck it up, do your homework, study, and then blaze. You don't have to let go of the lifestyle to be a good student, just recognize your priorities. If smoking makes you unmotivated and lazy, use it as a reward for doing your homework that day.

And if you literally can't stop smoking all-day every-day, then you should pick up meditation or something cause that's an issue with you, not weed. Good luck man

5. Do something else when you get the urge to smoke, or like previously mentioned, save it till after your done with school shit.

6. yup just think of it as a relaxing reward after a long day.

7. I was sort of in the same situation as you a few months back. I basically spent my entire summer blazing and doing my own thing every day, and then when the fall semester came, all the assignments hit me like a sack of doorknobs. That being said, I've managed to balance weed and schoolwork pretty well so far so it isn't impossible.

- You will need some degree of willpower. The first 2 or 3 sober days following a long period of smoking suck balls, but eventually you get back to normal and it isn't that bad. Don't smoke "one more time" because then you're back to square one and have to start all over again.
    - Get a planner or calendar or something and mark down all of your due dates, test dates, etc. for the semester. Most students have some really busy weeks (midterms, exams) during the semester, and a few slow weeks (usually towards the beginning or end of the semester). Use those busy periods as tolerance breaks, and only smoke on days where you know you can get away with it without it affecting your schoolwork. That doesn't mean smoke all the time until the day before a paper is due - give your brain enough time to clear itself out and try not to put things off until the last minute if you can.
    - You said this isn't a problem for you, but don't hang out with people who smoke. Also, DON'T BUY WEED if you know you're going to be working on something in the next few days. If you don't have any weed, you can't smoke it and there isn't a problem. Once you're free from schoolwork for a few days, pick up a reasonable amount (1/8-1/4, so it doesn't last forever) and relax for a while. Everyone needs to wind down after a stressful week and I can't think of a better way to relax than with a blunt or joint in the evening :D
    - Don't blaze and plan to do schoolwork. I'm sure there are some people who can do this (especially in high school), but from what I can tell it isn't that common. I am certain I could smoke all day and pass most of my courses, but I know there is no way I could keep my grades where they are while doing that.

That's all the stuff I could think of. Other people have already said this in fewer words, but it really just comes down to willpower. Save the weed for days where it's safe to relax and not worry about school, and you'll probably enjoy the high a lot more too :)

8. i always use toking as a personal reward. like at the start of the day i give my self a difficult task, like finishing a paper. and i don't smoked until its done well.

9. it's hard tho, I've been trying to slow down just to save money but it seems like everything I do I wanna include smoking weed in it

10. I just do lots of other drugs, that was I have less time and moey to spend on smoking.

11. I like KAdernal's solution best. And I know this is a problem with me, I am not trying to bad mouth marijuana. I just am having a tough time in my life right now and was looking for support. Thanks for the suggestions, I do need to develop some willpower and that is what I will work on.

12. I AM in the same boat as you are, with the college and cannabis.

BUCK UP. If you're cravin' for a hit, pick up a cigarette or coffee and just wait man.

13. I had this same exact problem. What did I do? Try(yes, try) to not smoke the days you go to class, and toke your fucking ass off the days you don't. Don't smoke the day before tests, before homework, etc. Smoke on school days only if you know you're going to an easy class where all you do is take notes and shit. Helped me a bit.

14. yea smoke cigs instead!!!

OP: bro I just read your whole post up top, you smoke about a gram a day to the face. thats not bad at all. if your grades have dropped that bad, your not smoking much anyway (guessing daily u smoke:1 blunt, a j and a bp, or like 3 solid bowl packs) so why not just cut back and only smoke on the weekends? or only allow yourself a bp at night after ur work is done.

you know its a problem, when you are picking up dank nugget and smoking 3-4 solid bowl packs at a time out of your roor and 10 minutes later loading up to do the same thing when the 3 other kids in the room are baked out off 1 bp they shared and are in full on veggie mode.

15. as many said, just try to limit your smoking to the weekends or times when you're all done with school, work, etc.

16. don't smoke cigs they're addictive and deadly
    just work your ass off with your college stuff then reward yourself at the end of the day with some sweet-ass maui wowie :smoke:

..and do some exercise ..run, yoga whatever - it'll keep you focused

17. nicely said.

18. Or just keep your shit together, your lazyness has nothing to do with the beautiful plant