Need to move from veg to bloom. RE-Scrogging, would this work?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by LiveRosin, Nov 30, 2018.

1. I'm a noob. Aside from a lil bag seed under flouro in the late 70's, I'm starting fresh.

My problem is I have a veg tent, and a bloom area and I want to scrog.

I toyed with fixing a PVC scrog frame to the lids and just moving plant, lid and attached 16"x24" (6 plants in a 4x4') screen to identical buckets in the bloom RDWC system and extending the scrog screens to the desired 30"x 40" footprint each for 6 plants (in a 2.5'x20' row). Seems too complicated.

Experts, would this work? Could I just put a string 4'x4' grid over the 6 in veg, and just keep all the branches poked down below the screen, and then lift the screen off to move to bloom? Once in bloom, I'd just drop the bigger screen down on the plant, and then I'd probably have to do a little rearranging and then start weaving new growth after that?

I plan on using heavy string. I could weave in veg and just cut the string out to move to bloom. I assume the plant will somewhat hold it's flat top shape?

One advantage I can see is the opportunity when I move to bloom, to rearrange things a little neater before the final stretch and flowering? Opinions?

2. I like the pvc scrogs. Nice and neat, effective too. 15 gallon smart pots of supersoil, approximate 2x4 area

087811BB-E3B2-43A7-9AA5-A0ECA38930C6.jpeg 30023B61-1015-4D1D-9862-AABAF2858E99.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh yeah, that is beautiful! How long of a veg to have those filled out after the stretch? I'll be growing a hybrid, so I expect some decent stretch from the Sativa side.

4. This strain doesn’t stretch. They vegged about 2 months I believe.