Need to make this room by the weekend!

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by KB_124, Feb 24, 2004.

1. So the opportunity for some clones has come around me, and I just cannot pass this up. I'm planning to setup an area behind the basement staircase.. I need to have the room complete by the weekend..

I wanted to post my ideas to see what ya guys think..

Space is roughly 10' wide at bottom. 7' high, and 3' deep. Going to use insulation all around, then drywall the whole area. Have a Metal Halide light (ideas on wattage?) until flower, then use HPS bulb. I will run a wire to breaker box, so the rooms got it's own circuit breaker. 2 vents, blowing in from bottom, and out from top. Going to run a PVC pipe in for running water. I figure 6-8 plants.

So could anyone give me some advice? I'll post pics tomorrow of it, and will hope to post the final product as well

2. the sixe of your light will depend on the number of plants you want to grow.

figuring on 50W per square foot

36 inches x 120 inches = 4320 inches squared / 144 inches squared = 30 square feet x 50 watts = 1500 watts

that is about the amount of light you need to cover your whole room.

if i were you, i would break the room into parts though.

have a veg room and a flowering room.

figure on 400 watts of MH for a 3x3 veg area and then get a 600 watt HPS for your flowering area of comparable size.

get a large cooler and equip it with a cool and warm flouro tube and use that for your clone box.

you will be one growing mama jama ;)

Grasscity Deals Near You