Need to learn to roll joints, fast.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DankMedical, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Well all my friends are exceptional rollers and always get shit for not being able to, what would the best way to learn to roll joints be?

tobacco or weed?

I'm thinking of going out and buying a few packs and trying till I get it, I've already watched a bunch of videos.

2. look up the dollar bill method thats how i learned to roll a joint

3. Practice, Practice, Practice.

And your "friends" give you shit for not being able to roll a joint?

4. not really shit, just joking around but i really want to learn and show them up you know?

5. I used to suck at rolling joints, now I'm the bomb. Blunts are another thing though...

When I sucked at it I would always just play it off when people gave me hell... They would say stuff like "You've been smoking for how long and don't know how?!" and I would just be quiet and once they rolled it be like "I never have to because my bitches do".

I used to practice by watching videos and trying to mimic them whenever I smoked alone. Buy a bulk pack of shitty papers and some rolling baccy, roll some up and smoke them to see how they burn. Once you master cigs, switch to weed (it's slightly different because of the texture of it and whatnot). Also different kinds of weed (reg vs dank) rolls and smokes differently, IMO the stickiest stuff rolls up the easiest... sometimes you dont even have to lick the paper to get a seal.

6. Blunts and joints are easy just be patient. I rolled both my first time first try, and I have yet to have a cigar that I cannot roll into a blunt

7. search mastahrolla on YouTube he has really good technickes <--- can't spell that

8. start in the middle, then roll up where you're going to hit it. maybe making it a little tighter. then, roll up the end. don't rush. take your time.

it's too easy.

9. If you want to practice rolling j's it might sound stupid but try using ground oregano or basil or something with a similar constancy to ground weed that way you don't need to worry about wasting bud

10. yeah its pretty easy, just practice, either go grab a bag of tobacco and practice with that or use something like oregano. that way you dont waste weeds. once you get a feel for how its supposed to be done its pretty damn easy. much prefer rolling a nice fat blunt though

11. Look up the wiz khalifa rolls a joint vid on youtube. Back when I was a baddie at rolling I watched that shit and it helped me get it down.
    Shits cake now tho, just gotta get the feeling for it. :smoke:

12. Use crutches..
    I cant stress it enough.
    A crutch gives a you perfect starting point, for a perfectly rolled J.

Also, more weed makes for an easier roll generally.

Practice makes perfect, your first couple joints WONT come out too well, but whatever, you figure it out.

13. heres a video a blade friend of mine made....u can skip the tobacco but this is a proper joint my man

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOJdakwfNS0&feature=player_embedded]me rolling a spliff - YouTube[/ame]

14. just practice man, remember it always makes perfect.

used to watch a ton of videos and realized they didn't help worth shit, practice is what helped the most.

of course just when i was starting to get good i got a bowl :eek:

usually just pre-roll now around a pencil to make it reallllly nice.

15. people that cant roll maek me sick.

16. Word of advice based on something you said in your OP... don't practice with straight tobacco. You will become exceptional at rolling cigarettes and still have difficulty with mj. They just roll differently. Tobacco is a different shape and more apt to stick to itself in certain ways that makes it naturally easier to roll than the real deal.

There's not much to do but free up an hour and break some up and practice over and over on a tray. You'll lose some pollen off the stuff you practice with but you'll get better at it. You can watch any of these videos or try any of these methods but just do it for an hour straight, have that discipline, and see if it doesn't help you learn something. The only difficult part of rolling is achieving consistency and tightness throughout, which only comes with practice, any method can be learned in an hour.

17. Practice always makes perfect :) Like said before though, tobacco and MJ are different, so rolling them is also not the same. Hopefully this video helps a little..
    How to roll a joint - YouTube

18. i don't really know how i learned to roll, couldn't roll cigs, couldn't roll blunts, joints any of that stuff. Kept at it until onve day it just clicked... seems like i almost never roll now a days but when i do they always come out just right...

keep practicing!

19. Best way to learn is to roll cigarettes with rolling tobacco, the art of rolling takes practice and patience but in the end you will be fine