Need to know this before i start my crop!!! (help me please)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trillyen, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Ok, im about to start a bubble bucket, and im not wanting to order any of my nutes over the net, can i just use stuff from my local flower shop???

i dont think any of my local flower shops have ANY hydro stuff so can i just use any other nutes ( i know not to use miracle grow ) but is any thing thats good for a plants veg state ok to use, i wanna go with like a high nitogen solution, and just barely anything else.

I was thinking like peterson, or something like that for nutes and im gonna go with like a half soultion for like the first part then add accordingly!!!

when i do add my nutes, do i have to do a full water change or just add the full strength and half strength nutes right in with the existing water already in there????

thanks for the help, and any tips and tricks would be great to know!!!!

also im gonna ask the same question on the guys add sticky that gives u the step by step how to make a bubble bucket but, what is that little thing on the end of that ball valve, he didnt give a name for that thing, and how are u suspose to empty the bucket with the outline down so low do u lift the whole bucket up to empty it????

thanks ahead of time guys!!!!

2. bumpety bump bump!!!

3. Definitely want to change your water out at least once a week. And as long as your nutrients are rated with proper NPK ratios and the water is PHed right I don't see a problem with using local garden shop nutes.

4. #4 Deleted member 157047, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
    Personally, I hate to use any nutes or ferts that are store-bought. You can get MUCH better results from using worm castings during the grow, along with other things like fish heads and guts...But it all depends on how you're gonna do it, I suppose. Is it going to be indoor or outdoor?

Edit: Man, I spaced your hydro-talk...So used to "bubble-bucket" referring to making some bubble hash!! But yeah, listen to Chronitron on this.

5. thanks!!! would u have any reccomendations on a certain type of brand of feerts or nutes for a good hydro grow??? Thanks again!!!

thanks for the comment, and this is a indoor grow, and i seen some worm stuff at walmart but i wasnt sure about it. There wont be worms pooping up of my soil will it?? Maybe a stupid question but i hate worms ya know!!!

do u mean fish heads in my hydro, and stuff like that or something like soil, jut wondering. I hate cleaning fish to so i dont think that will be a option for me lol.

thanks any more advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

6. Nah, man, worm castings is prettymuch just plain old worm shit. Works wonders in straight soil grows, and the fish...well, I wouldn't really advise using either for hydro. Like I said before, just listen to Chronitron for your all out hydro needs. I will ask around though, and if I find anything, I'll definitely let you know.