Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need to know if I can pass a drug test?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by davedm17, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I'm new here, and I'm sure this topic has been posted a lot, but every situation is unique and I could really use some help, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could share there knowledge with me.

Basically, my story is as follows:  I wanted to get a job when summer started, so I quit smoking, but after two months of not finding one, I finally caved in on July 16th.  Since then, I've been smoking a couple times a week, I think like 6-7 times total.  The last time I smoked was one week ago, on August 4th.  I still need to get a job and I know of a few places that are hiring but before I apply, I need to know that I can pass a drug test.  My friends and I never smoke that much, I've probably only used like 1.5 grams in total of all these sessions, but the fact that I've been doing it somewhat frequently over the past month worries me.  

It's going to be tough to accelerate the process as I'm not able to buy any sort of detox kit or special foods/juices or exercise randomly without making things super obvious (I live with my parents).  Also, I think I read somewhere that a lot of red meat helps, but I'm vegetarian.  Probably the only thing I could do is drink a shitload of water but I don't even know if that helps.  I just need to know approximately how long it'll take for it to get out of my system on its own so I know what I'm getting myself into if I apply for jobs.  Also, if it helps at all, I'm 5'9" and 145lbs.  

2. #2 Mrgoodmoney, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
    If it is an oral test like mine was don't smoke like 2 to 3 days before the test(earlier if you want.)  What I did was wash my mouth with peroxide(like how you do with Listerine) 3 times the day before and once the morning of the test.  Than I put Listerine strips all over my mouth(this is how a lot of people got the job at where I work.)  And when you swab put the swab where the strips were. Doing this just landed me a job this week lol.

If its urine which I doubt because those are expensive I can't help you.

3. Are urine tests really that rare?  I'm applying for sales associate/cashier jobs at retail stores.

4. Well I got to tell you the ammount that you smoked is not good. It really all depends on your metab, and how much ng you have in you already. I had one smoke session, on a clean system and passed in 15 days!...No quick schemes, no ecessive water, I just waited it out. After 2 weeks I took at home test, and was clear faint line. Took lab 2 days later and passed that. Found out within 2 days that I passed. So really it all depends...Wishin you best, I know you in freak out mode, as was I.