need to expand my mother room and other setups.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by groundswell, Aug 7, 2021.

1. So i have a 3ft by 2ft by 160cm tall grow tent i use to veg and flower, 1ft by 1ft by 5ft is taken up with carbon filter silencer and exhaust (im thinking of moving it out to blow air into the carbon filter instead of sucking air out but cant use the silencer that way i presume, so i will use a spider farmer 2000 to cover 3ft by 2ft) anyway i also have a beer carton cardboard box as a mother plant room with one 8 litre pot, 2 x 15watt cfl's that arent that bright (daylight spectrum) ive just given a mate one plant out of there as it was getting too big for the space and burning tips on the leaves near the lights i cut a few clones from the tips that were thickest and strongest and will hopefully be ready when my flowering plants are done in around 2 weeks.

I have drilled holes all around the pot to cable tie the stem and branches all the way around the pot so i will get many branches to take as clones, problem is the branches that are forming are skinny branches that probably wont be big enough or thick enough to get roots. do i need to upgrade to a 125 watt flouro? and a bigger mother tent?
    my clone box is even smaller with just room for a reptile mat, two 13watt cfls and a mini greenhouse (20cm by 5 cm by 5 cm) which currently has three clones just put in there.
    The reptile mat has a toiletry bag and a kitchen saucer as insulation so theres not too much heat between the clones and the heat mat but there is condensation on the lid of mini greenhouse.

My place is a rental and i have inspections every three months so timing my grows is everything. i can hide most of my gear in the roof but camouflaging everything is more ideal (like putting electrical leads inside the cardboard boxes)
    7 years ago the last time i grew full on i used 23 watt cfls and plants grew well i dont know if its strain or light quality but the stems on potential cuttings are thin and weak and stretchy.

Any help appreciated.