Need to cool growbox. Best way?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by blazin420, Mar 1, 2004.

1. I am growing in my attic. I went ahead and bought a Suncast 45 cubic foot garden shed to use as my grow room. It is about 4.5 feet wide, 3 feet deep, and about 4.5 feet high. For light, I am using a 400W MH lamp. I am growing 7 plants in there now, and am adding another 5 plants once they germinate.

My problem is with temperature. Being that it is in the attic, the temperature shoots up and down a couple times a day. When its 50 degrees f out like today, the sun on the roof heats up the attic and I have to turn on the fan to keep the room between 70 and 90 degrees f. But at night, I have to turn on the space heater or else the temp would drop below 40 degrees f.

I'm not worried at the moment. I can contriol the temp well. But in a month, its going to get VERY hot in there. Especially when I put the roof on the shed for flowering.

I currently have a 180 CFM squirrel fan that I am going to install soon. This is plenty big enough for my grow box considering its only 45 cu. feet. So, the fan will completely exchange the air in the box in about 20 seconds.

Do you think this will be enough to cool the whole box? I am also going to have a fan in there of course, running 24/7.

2. get a fan hitting the bulb... that will help keep the temp down alot....

at night u can put black lights or green lights.. that will help keep the heat up....

Grasscity Deals Near You