Need to clear some things up, help

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by tr92, Sep 5, 2008.

1. ive heard several ways on curing and drying. I know that they need to be hung upside down with large (or all?) fan leaves cut, how long do they stay hung before they move to a jar?
    and once theyre in a jar how do u know when to take them out? Ive heard alot of different variations on this method like some stuff about paper bags, is that all you have to do?
    An water curing, as far as i know, keep the buds under water for 7 days, store in a dark place, change it daily and after day 7 take em out set em in a strainer and put a fan on em for about a day flippin every now and then. is that right?

2. All three of the stickies in this section have great info on how to properly harvest, if i were you, id take advantage of them...:D

3. i hope you dont think that you just hang em and throw em in a jar? and they dont have to be hung the paper bag method is one of em but isn't a good idea if you got a large harvest.... the idea is to dry them slowly; not too slow and deff not to quick...

but yah check out the stickys at the top of this forum.....

BiZness

4. see i have read all 3 stickies but thats what caused some of my confusion, and yes i thot that was the basic procedure
    ps just because there sticked doesnt make them the end-all answer to everyones questions

5. They may not be the end all to everyone's questions, but they certainly answer yours.

6. instead of just complaining that i asked a question in the stickies can u just be a bit helpful and answer my questions plz? thatd be awesome

7. how long do they stay hung before they move to a jar?

Answer: Until the stems will snap when bent or almost snap--depending on the level of supervision you are willing to give them once they are jarred

how do u know when to take them out?

Answer: Most people recommend at least a 2 week cure--minimum. I keep really small buds in separate jars and start smoking them if I need to. I don't touch the salable buds until they have cured for 2 months. Not that I sell them--just an adjective.

is that all you have to do?

Answer: Thats it buddy. Dry them until they are mostly dry and put them in jars. Monitor jars and burp regularly for the first month(every six to twelve hours depending on how moist they are) and intermittently for the next month to six weeks (at least once a week), and on a monthly basis at the very least thereafter.

But remember, you will find your own perfect method with practice. It's always good to get others input though. Just yesterday I asked the venerable Hashmouf about his preferred method.

By the way, I haven't told you anything that wasn't in the stickies and other posts. Sometimes you just have to trust yourself--stop overthinking things. You can do it kid.

8. ok thanks alot man really appreciate it, i do need to stop overthinking lol
    ps i know they were in the stickies but they didnt explain it quite that clear and i have a short attention span:D
    +rep for taking the time

9. heehee... all stoners have a short attention span.:p:smoking::hello: