Need to block light

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Marihemp, Jan 11, 2006.

1. I'm not quite ready yet to change my light cycle from 24/7. But I do have to get my room ready for the change. There are alot of cracks from the woodwork, door, etc where light filters in to the room. The room is basic construction in the corner of my basement. Without rebuilding the whole thing to have it done right (which is what I'll eventually HAVE to do) I'd like to block out the light. I'm thinking of perhaps hanging plastic, dark black, thick plastic.

Any other suggestions?

2. Mylar, buy it put reflective side towards the inside, the black side towards the wall...

YOu will kill 2 birds with one stone then, get proper light reflection in the room enhancing the light your already using plus it will block the light from coming in the room.

Hope to have helped.

3. That's a big help, I hadn't thought of that. Where is a good place to get mylar?

4. Pick up some expanding foam insulation, for say lowes, and fill in all the gaps first, it made a world of a difference in my dresser. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=brandPageProcessor&brandpage=grst
    If you cant get access to mylar unless online like me, just use some emergency sapce blankets, made of mylar. Its not as good as say rolled 2mil, but it does its job.

5. aye, foam insulation works well.

some basic caulk will work as well, and its sold at even a grocery store. Just pump out a line of it in all the corners, and squish it in.

6. HIGH All, Mylar is the bomb...but if you can't get any try some 6 Mil Poly Black & White Roll..perfect for making rooms and so on...

Attached Files:

7. Canabis man quit bringing up old threads haha these threads are like close to a month old lol

8. I don't really have anything constructive to add to this thread, but the proper form of that phrase is:

"You will get two birds stoned at once."

That's all.

9. hah. didnt even notice cody.

I really dont like the thread necros either.

I dont know why new members always feel compelled to go through the old threads, especially since new ones are pumped out every 30 seconds.

10. honestly... people like that are dumb lol just bringing up old shit that has been answered like a month ago already haha

11. Fisrt of all, if you had any type of forum with a good community your threads from 2 months ago wouldnt be on the 2 page, they would be pretty far back, and also maybe if you guys took the time to properly answer the questions right, I wouldnt be doing this. How didnt you retards come up with fucking expanding foam, that would of made all the difference, I guess you guys are too stupid, ao just to arrogant to help a fellow man in his quest for quality homegrown Cannabis. Oh by the way thanks for the warm welcome, Assholes, I cant wait for OG to be back up so I can get away forum this piss poor excuse for a forum

12. i had to use a black trash beg and a stapler check out my forum, problems under the house

13. too bad its not going back up and if u dont like it here leave lol nobody is keepin u here u fuck