Need tips plz!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ray's-bud's, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ok now im new at growing im about 8 days in...my sprouts look's beautifull ill post pics if you like to see em
    my set up is on of a kind hahah its a storage unit built into my entertainment center..... i could never find a use for it untill now :) i hung a UV light at the top of the storage box.....but the only thing is... its like an oak wood color does that matter?? i mean its been working perfect my sprouts are beautifull an healthy as can be...but ive been told its a good idea to line the plants housing with tin foil or paint it white.....
    how effective is the tin foil.......because i also know that with more added heat to the plant, you will then need a ventilation system......so i was just wondering what the best method is

and ive also been reading peoples post about PH levels in the water they have been giving there plants....i mean ive been giving my sprouts water out of my bathroom sink an it seems to have no effect on my plants....so is the PH level something i should fret about??

im a newbie so go easy on me haha :wave:

2. I'd use distilled water and paint the inside of your set up a flat white if you ever get the chance. Shouldn't be a huge problem if you can't. Put small trays of water in between your plants if you have the space and a little fan in there for some ventilation. That'll really improve your overall yield in the end, and isn't too much work. Really though, you'll want to use distilled water. Good luck, peace n pot brother.

3. thanx dude i appreciate the advice:smoking:

4. Do not use tin foil. Poor reflector of light and will actually get hot spots, which in turn will burn your plants. Use the white paint or find yourself some mylar.

Peace. Please.