Need tips on planting outdoors

Discussion in 'General' started by Σypher, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Im a beginner and i have been thinking about growing some stuff outside.
    I have found a good place, but i have some question.
    My plan so far is to go to the place where i want to plant, and prepare the spot by removing bushes and other weeds and add a layer of real good compost.
    (Its far into the woods, so i cant be carrying with me too much stuff.)
    All of this will be done in the early spring.
    Then i plant as many seeds as possible.
    Im planning to visit the spot about once a month (Maybe even as much as one every second week) to add some fertilizer and to spray the plants against bug stuff.

Does this sound like a good plan? And when i say its far into the woods, i mean really really far, so i would rather visit once a month for an okay harvest instead of once a week for a great harvest.

I could also need some tips on good strains to plant outside.
    Think canada weather.
    Also, could it be a good idea to plant a few plants a home, and use the seeds they produce on my outdoor grow for cheap seeds?

Im about to plant northern lights indoors now, and i was thinking about planting them outside aswell, but it may get a bit boring to just have one strain.
    All advice in really appreciated.

2. It will bee a shit grow if u visit it once a month, even if twice a month.
    If you get any sickness, or defiency, or anything else, in one month it can fuck up the whole plant.

3. Its an 8 hour non stop walk. each way. if other weeds (those ppl consider a pest in their gardens) can grow without 100% attention and dedication to every mm of the plant, then im sure they will do just fine by themselves.

4. Its up to you to decide, you wont do anything by telling me how far it is, im just telling you how it is.
    You can grow weed with one shitty cfl and no nutrients, but it wont give you much.
    Its you that decide how dank you want your stuff to be, not me.
    If somebody succeed by not taking any attention, they are lucky, nobody knows if its gonna be you, for example if you got a powdery mildew (very casual) and dont visit your plants for a month, you can throw it out.

5. Better get some slow release fertilizers and use them after you have amended the soil to suit your strains.

Better have some pest control ideas in your head and don't forget watering needs. Don't rely simply on rain, because that is a poor risk choice.

6. thank you! I have started making compost, and i have bought slow release fertilizers.
    But im still not sure whats the best way of fighting pests yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Your plan is good, but I would say that you should visit your site daily.