Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need Tips on my Grow.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cyXie, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Sup guys, First post here, and brand new to Grass city.
    I'm hopping to get some tips on growing, Ive already been growing, (This is my first time) But, I'm 27 days into flowering today. Growing in Soil, using T8 fluorescent lighting.

You see my problem is, I have long tall plants, I wanted short and stubby plants...
    [​IMG]

I would rather have something that is about, 18 or 19 inches and has lots of secondary branches, Some one tell me how to get plants that have perfect secondary branches starting from lower parts of the plant?

Anyways, here are some progress pics. Strain is Lemon Skunk.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help guys.

2. The plants look healthy, good job.
    Unfortunately, I think your wattage is not sufficient to grow. Maybe add more? Or, make sure to always have the plants close to the light, and as they grow, move them further away. (Basically stack the plants on a box, then as they grow, put them on top of a smaller box)

3. So that is the cause of having tall skinny plants rather than having short fat plants?
    I will definatley add more wattage, I started off with just two 100w CFL's lol....

And then I just upgraded to the top lights like 2 weeks ago. There is 3 15w T8 flourecent and a 20w T12 flourecent and a 22w CFL.

4. Looks as if you started the plants at the bottom of the container so they were far away from the light, which means they're going to stretch up towards the light (also may be partially due to the type of plant) like the other guy said you want to stack them on top of something so they're always about 3" away from the lights. other than the potential space issue the plants themselves look really good, good luck on your harvest
    My advice is to read, read read as much as you can, this forum is a really good place for information, you may want to look into the lighting; watts for vegetative and flowering growth etc.
    And just fyi this is in the wrong section, there's a whole area dedicated to growing, this might be moved. Welcome to the city also, if you have any other questions I'll try and help as much as I can.

5. One word. Indica.

6. Lol, That doesent tell me how to make a fat short plant :p

7. that strain of weed grows short and fat

8. Ahhh ok.

Thanks

9. Try different seeds. Your genetics are not what you are looking for. But still good

10. The truth is in the actual plants, not on the package description. Short and tall are opinions used as selling points. Starting all over is fun. Finish those and just use it for oil. Get something new and try again. Love it

11. FYI there is a growing subforum, most of the growers lurk there and may be able to give you their opinions