Need tips on first grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Austin28, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Hey, it's my first grow, only have one female. I need tips on purple or redish stems off the fan leaves. Im using cfls, its been flowering for a couple weeks, i heard the purple is bad on the stems just wondering if it is a deficiency? Maybe a phosphorus or Mag? I havent used any chemicals at all with the plant, just straight water, which i let sit out overnight to evaporate chlorine, any help would be awesome. Thanks. plant.JPG plant.JPG

2. You have cool nights right?

3. Its actually growing indoors. I have it under cfls

4. My shit is indoors and it still gets pretty cold inside for my girls during winter and i usually get a few strains that do this. My pineapple trainwrecks are doing this but my blue dreams are not. I think its strain dependant during colder periods. Even indoors they are smart enough to know ddue to humidity levels and change in average tempsSent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I see what ur saying, right now im in the middle of winter, but i would say it doesnt get any colder than 65 degrees Fahrenheit. Its in my basement in the laundry room, its mostly concrete. The strain is just a random bag seed ya know? Im in the US where it isnt that easy to get seeds from a seed bank.

If you can walk to your mail box, you can get seeds.

Phosphorous or Magnesium deficiency can cause purple on the plant but its just no always that simple so don't go nuke them because of what I said, read up on those things first.

7. Ive been kinda skeptical about buying seeds, I heard alot about buying with paypal isnt the safest. They have ratted out suspicious purchases to the feds and shit. But heard nothing about debit cards, Im hoping to buy a couple strains next time i get paid. Anybody Had luck with auto flowers? 

8. to me, very few autos are worth it.
    Dr. Greenthumb's Iranian auto seems legit, so does Haze auto by dinafem.
    don't worry about the feds busting you they have way bigger stuff to deal with
    alot of blades myself included recommend Attitude Seed Bank.
    I'd get Northern Lights as your first strain.
    It's a resilliant strain that's great for beginners because it's hardy, easy to grow, and its got quite a potent punch.

9. that temperature and cold concrete will induce purple-ing
    would you guess its an indica or sativa? indicas are typically tolerant of cold.
    Sativas are used to warmth 

10. @[member="Michio Kaku"] I really have no clue on the indica or sativa, i would definitely say its a good mix of a hybrid just by looking at leaf width, but otherwise i have no idea. In the future i wanted to use autos because of how quick they produce, but have heard they arent too fond of cloning or even just transplanting.

11. They aren't fond of cloning cause they only veg for 20-25 days and if you cloned an auto and rooted it...if it doesn't get ruined by all the stress from getting cut, its only gonna have like 10 days to veg...ive heard people not even defoliating cause they don't want to stress it out..its like one of those thing that are too good for the universe...if autos could be cloned(veg) and still have that no light sched pshhh...wed all be Rollin in the dough bro!

12. @[member="Luxap89"] Yea dude that makes total sense. So would you say that autos arent even really worth it?

13. I'm in the us and have received seeds twice in the last month. Its quite easy

14. In US. Receieves seedsSent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I have had good success with autos they work awesome if you wanna just run from seed every time.
    I also recommend depending on what part of the country you are in don't go through attitude seed bank as almost anything going through Chicago is getting scooped up by customs
    the auto thing if you do go that route unless you wanna order seeds every two months get some that are feminized and some that are regular seeds and make your own seeds with them you will get a couple hundred possibly more and not have to order for a long time

16. [quote name="xxxjailbait420" post="19253127" timestamp="1388404205"]I have had good success with autos they work awesome if you wanna just run from seed every time.I also recommend depending on what part of the country you are in don't go through attitude seed bank as almost anything going through Chicago is getting scooped up by customsthe auto thing if you do go that route unless you wanna order seeds every two months get some that are feminized and some that are regular seeds and make your own seeds with them you will get a couple hundred possibly more and not have to order for a long time[/quote]Where would be a good place to get seeds if you live close to chicago?Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. The Internet.

18. Haha dude i live in Chicago actually. I might try autos every once in a while, since they grow super fast, just could get expensive buying seeds all the time.

19. I use single seed center had really good luck with the short stuff brand they carry They go through new York everyone I have ordered and im in Nebraska Sent from my SCH-I110 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. I'll 2nd that. TSSC all the way.