Need tips for water/weatherproofing a digi cam (snowboarding/sledding)

Discussion in 'General' started by eldude-arino, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Well, I'm about to hop in the shower and go sledding w/a couple of buds and I want to take some pics of the fun.... tomorrow I'm going snowboarding up north and also would like to take pics then.

So, title says it, I need proven tips on how to make sure my digi gets there and back in one piece and in working order.

Any knowledgeable blades that can help with this matter? What do you do? I'd prefer tips that are tried and true as opposed to guesses on what may work.

Thanks!!!

-dude

2. My ghetto method is to just use a zip loc baggie, and take the camera out when needed. There are heavy duty zip loc baggies specifically for electronics, but maybe a little pricey for just one use. .

3. #3 PerezPurpp, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
    so what u lookin for water proof casing?

get some casing

i have casing for wakeboarding

i wouldnt recommend tryna do a homemade knock off cause if it fails your camera fails .

http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/u4wgA

?

hope this is what your talkin bout

lately i been sayin stupid shit on the city :eek:

4. right on y'all....

anyone else? bueller....shameless bump 12 hrs prior to hittin the slopes

5. I just keep my camera in one of the inside pockets of my coat. It gets a little cold, but body heat tends to keep from freezing up. Or just stick in a mitten.

6. the thing PP suggested looks cool as shit. too bad u didnt have time to order anything :( i havent tried anything myself so dont have much to offer except have fun and be safe on your trip :D

7. Thanks y'all