Need tips and help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pro Killuminati, Nov 11, 2011.

1. yo completely new to this forum and growing; so I'd like to learn as much as I can.

First I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting soil and I have a 400watt ballast that can switch from MH to HPS.

Strain is a regular Hash Passion

Here is a pic of my setup: [​IMG]

Plant: [​IMG]

Plant is currently 10 days old and I'm using something called a Dirt Bag which is meant for this haha, it gives the roots oxygen because the material is made out of some wool or something, but it's breathable and its about 5 gallons and you can never really overwater it. Any way only thing I've used is somethign called Great White Killer roots for killer plants and it's just bacteria to help your roots expand and absorb nutrients and I can tell its working my plant is more stable now.

Any help, tips, advice would be appreciated.

Also a few questions: how far away should I have the plant from the bulb? its a 400watt 7500k MH bulb, pretty hot. I currently have it at about 2.5 feet away.

And since it's a regular seed, does that mean it has no chance of being a female? thanks, I'll be posting more pics. other than that I think it's lookin great as a first timer.

2. First off welcome to GC. next as far as roots go I use Rootbastic by atami and as far as how far away to hang the light hold a thermoneter at the plant level and if it reeds from 70 to about 80 (80 Tops!!) your good. and As far as seeds. If the seeds were femanized than prolly going to be female. otherwise just wait and it will show it's sex a few weeks into flowering. Hope this helps....

3. damn quick response, thanks. ok then where I have it is pretty good then, just give it more time!

4. that container is way to big for that little girl. its better to start them in smaller containers, something like a little 4''x4'' plastic container, or even a beer cup if thats more readily available. its easier for the seed to get a good root structure in something like that. id get that light closer as well, depending if your ventilation is good or not. i always start my seedlings under 800w's (2x 400's). with your light where it is now, that little girl is going to be stretching for the light.

5. Does having a bigger medium impact her a lot? I agree it's big, but that's her permanent home. ( I started her in a red cup and then went to a white bucket w/ no holes, then transplanted her in a dirt bag cuz I knew her roots were suffocating.) As for the light, I might move it one more rack closer, but the ventilation is good, I got 2 fans running inside and 1 outside of the room.

thanks for the input, Ill scoot her a little closer tonight I think. As for the medium, I don't really want to transplant it; I talked to someone at a grow shop saying that this dirt bag is the way to go.

6. i wouldn't transplant it either. sounds like shes been through a lot already

7. Next time hydro...lol

8. Next time you in veg stage use 4 daylight 20 watt cfl's. that's what I use. check out my blog about lighting