Need Tips and Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FuzzyNug, Feb 5, 2009.

1. #1 FuzzyNug, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2009
    Ok so i'm pretty new to smoking and i've been smoking since november 2008.
    I'm thinking about starting to grow my own marijuana.
    I just want to grow 1 not so tall like short to medium plant.
    I was just wondering what kind of lights I need for just 1 plant probally just 1.
    If someone or you guys can tell me What kind of lights or any quick tips for me for growing
    I've been searching and can't really decide or think or find what I need Kind of Confusing sorry.
    If you guys have any tips or links please post.
    I want to start growing just 1 plant for me cus I dont smoke like everyday for all day
    and buying weed is kind of expensive. So I want to grow.
    Please help me . Most appreciated and If I think you're helpful I'll give you some +Rep :)
    I've read some threads and they're helpful but I want a little more and for my personalized
    details (1 Plant)

2. You should start with Grandpa's Grow Guide. It is a sticky in this section. It will give you the basics of growing.

One suggestion. I would grow at least 2 maybe 3 plants unless you buy feminized seeds. In nature, you have about a 50/50 shot of getting females. And, in case you are not aware, only female plants produce buds. So you only want the females.

Good luck.

3. i would get a 150W HPS and a possible MH switchout bulb for vegging, htgsupply.com has great deals on HPS systems (around $100 shipped w/switchout MH bulb i believe for 150W), . for soil i recommend fox farms ocean forest.

4. I was going to buy some White Widow or Carmelicious Seeds and not use bagseed
    Or possibly Northen Lights but probally White Widow or Carmelicious....I heard White Widow was some really bombing ass weed. So I'll probally go with that
    and thanks for your help

5. from what i have read here widow and the northern are pretty easy to grow. you should check out some of the pics on here of some of the grows they are very nice. :D

do as much reaserch as possible before you start so you dont spend a bunch of money on nothhing. i did it the hard way but i learnd a lot. there is a lot of info here take your time look around. and good luck

6. itd be cheap to get some lights from walmart and some bagseed[start 4 or so in cups]
    and just see how well you can get the hang of it before you buy a bunch of crap.
    i got some cheap shoplights.. they come in 2" and 4" and are both >$10
    do you have an area to grow in or anything set up yet?
    your grow space usually effects what you can/cant use