Need suggestions on training

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by JamesV, Aug 19, 2020.

1. #1 JamesV, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    . I’ve topped her about a week n a half ago. Tied down but it’s a bush! Should I take off fan leaves ? I’ve removed the big fan leaves but didn’t mess with anything else. So I maybe bring my light up to get it to stretch a bit?
    Planted July 20th from seed
    2x4x5 tent
    260w hlg vspec
    Ffof with 30 percent perlite
    Sour diesel

Attached Files:

2. The more you cut, the more you will slow down your Auto, remember, they are on a fixed schedule in terms of growing, not like photoperiod plants that can take however long they need to recover.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I edited the post. I haven’t grown feminized seeds in a year n a half. This a a feminized photoperiod

• Like Like x 1
  4. There’s so many ways to do this with so many different results.
    I usually let a plant grow to 6-7 nodes and cut it off at above the 5th node. Then I’ll strip all the nodes except for 4&5th so the plant grows in an “X” shape with 4 main branches.
    Takes a little longer to veg, but the canopy is very manageable this way and it prevents that crazy bush.
    I usually won’t remove much if any leaves during veg because it’ll all be stripped when I lollipop in flower [​IMG]
    I tried 6 main branches my last grow and it was too bushy. Back to 4 next time. My light tends to grows a bushy veg plant so I had to change up training methods. Hope this helps.

• Agree Agree x 1