Need suggestions on a car

Discussion in 'General' started by Perfekt, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Hey guys im looking to get a new car. I NEED it to be all wheel drive, it has to be a car, no trucks. And i need price anywhere from 24k-28k, ive been leaning towards a wrx or STI if i can talk my parents into lending me the cash. any suggestions?

2. haha fuck 4 wheel drive, get a dodge neon for like 9k :p

3. hah! nah if i have the money imma spend it, and i need all wheel due to colorados awesome wheather and going skiing etc.

4. vw microbus

5. Yeah man get the Subaru WRX if you've got the money. That car will treat you right. My friend has one and it's really fast and powerful for doing what we need to do - driving in shitty conditions to Ski mountains and just cruising.

6. 2g eclipse GSX or Talon TSi AWD. theyre cheap, fast, and AWD. and the 2g's trannies are good. WRX trannies are more prone to breaking than the DSM trannies.

7. alright cool, anything else?

8. STI or Evo VIII....both nice AWD turbo cars.

9. wrx wagon, fast awd and bigger for hauling your ski/board, might as well save some money and get a new legacy 2.5 gt ,17 inch alloy rims dual exhaust, turbo, hood scoope

10. This guy went all out. ROFL

11. thanks a lot for the suggestions! I will probably be going with the WRX fully loaded :D. Thanks!

12. dude or you could just get a jeep ; i live in michigan, crazy ass weather, and i have 88' jeep with about 155000 miles on it runs fuckin awesome, kelly bluebook value is like 2500 on it too, so awesome and its bad as fuck in the summer when you can take you top off and shit

13. evo > sti

either way your gonna kill yourself if you get an evo/sti or something alike

14. yeah, jeeps are sweet....and what part of colorado you from? i kinda live there too.

15. only thing that an STi has over an evo is torque because of half a liter in displcement. the STi's tend to shred 3rd gear synchros on stock power levels. the EVO has the 4g63T out of a DSM except the transmission and belts are on oppostie sides and the ECU has a better tune. the STi is cheaper than an evo, but a DSM is even cheaper and with the 10k you save on the price you can dump some money for a evo3 big 16g that the evo has and push up to 320whp (for those who dont know much about AWD, thats about 300 at the crank).

16. id kill myself b4 i got a neon. eww

17. I want some say in this car too because I'll be spending all winter in that thing anyway and I vote for the STi.

18. WRX is real nice, had one last yaer, only prblm is the horrid turbo lag it had, the STI will run u over 32 so that might be outta the question, but i would go with that.
    u could also find a used BMW(a couple years old) for the money u want to spend.

19. In my opinion Jeeps rock, so I will say buy a Jeep. JOE>