Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need strain advice from more experienced users.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dorfler, Jun 23, 2017.

1. I hope some of you who have had more experience can help point me in the right direction.

I hoping to find a strain that matches what I'm looking for. I smoked a loooong time ago and never knew of strain names or types when I used them. I wish I did. Lots has changed since back then.

Basically I'm looking for a strain that has a very narcotic, sleepy, mellow, relaxed type high (its what I was used to back then). Definitely no heady/hallucinogenic high, no visuals, nothing trippy or psychedelic even in the slightest, no heart racing, mind racing or that sort of thing either.

I'm not looking to get all fucked up beyond belief, I'm just looking to feel good and happy like I did before when I smoked it. But its kinda hard to determine with current reviews of strains online because everyone seems to say how fucked up or tripped out and messed up they get and there's no mention of what I'm looking for. And from what I can tell it seems like lots of the strains out there dont really do that any more.

2. I also forget to add, is it possible that it wasn't strain or type specific .... and that maybe it was due to when and the way it was harvested and cured that caused this type of effect?

3. It sounds like you want more CBD than THC. Indicas have CBD, while sativas hardly have any. There are certain strains that are really high in CBD and low in THC. You might want to try one of those strains. There is more than one. CBD is more mellow, calm, pain easing; while THC is the stuff you say you dont want in your high.

I might be wrong, or I might be spot on. But you should try it. They also sell CBD crystals. You should look it up. Hard to find, but great for people who use cannabis to medicate.

4. From what I've read they say CBD has no effect at all.

Conversely, they say CBN (degraded THC) has a sedation effect. But I cant find out how much of that is true since not too many speak about CBN.

5. Master Kush or Bubba Kush

Try one of those. Master kush is best for sleep, bubba kush is a great sedative with good vibes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hi there the guys an girls on here do talk about CBN but it wouldn't be directly reffered to..eg

CBN = amber trichomes
    THC = milky trichomes
    Clear trichomes not ready.
    So all the growers will talk about is the %of amber trichomes or milky

This is relative harvesting

Basically the more amber the more couch lock the more milky the more race the high.

7. Try Granddaddy Purple:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kush...any variety.

As Buzzer777 said, GDP can be heavy as well, but might be a little twitchy after a couple hours.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ice River Genetics, Medic. It was created for our warrior's ptsd. It has a 1:1 ratio. The testing comes back at 7%.

Any of the Shark strains

Oh what a day. What a lovely day!

10. #10 nicholasrt9, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Just follow your heart.

11. I hope that so.