Need somebody to talk to

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by iSmokeLI, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Hi everyone, this is my first post in many years. First off I would like to say that we've come very far in the last few years.

So I've come up with a business idea, however living in New York I have many questions regarding legality and startup costs.

I'm doing as much research as possible, but if anyone living in Colorado, perhaps Oregon would like to message me, I'm interested in cost of living, real estate values, and licensing info.

I know that this is brand new in Oregon, but if anyone can also send me in the direction of the laws themselves.

2. Is that information not already published on the internet?

If you think so, maybe you can find it for him.

4. What kind of licensing issues are you inquiring about?

5. Thanks I know I can find the laws themselves on my own, I am looking to speak to people from the Colorado and Oregon area.

I'm looking to find out how long after applying for a license to grow will I get one in Colorado.

Since this is all brand new in Oregon, I'm also looking to inquire about the licenses there. If anyone has phone numbers they can relay towards me.

If any dispensary owners wouldn't mind reaching out to me, I'm willing to speak to them. Although my business plan doesn't involve opening a dispensary right now, it is an option for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Laws for rec? Well I can tell you that you can't even apply for permits until 2016 in that field. Compared to NY the property values in the Portland area are low but rapidly rising... but the main problem with upcoming rec is it will be controlled by the olcc. So, unless you are buddy buddy with the g men or have something to grease their wheels with expect that your application will be pending for years before it is reviewed by those cunts.

7. Not to be cynical, but the chances of someone who owns a business giving you free advice when you could potentially be their competition... is a bit hubristic. This is a cutthroat industry. Don't think of it as anything less.

8. \t\t\t<span>hu<span>bris</span></span>\t 
    \t
    \t\t<span>[<span style="font-weight:bold;">hyoo-bris, hoo-] </span>Spell Syllables</span>
    \t
    \t\tnoun<div><span>1.</span>\t<div><span>excessive pride or self-confidence; arrogance.</span>
    \t
    </div></div>

9. Yea, i'd be a little sketched out if another grower was willing to take you under their wing in a new industry like Oregon too.