Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

need some urgent bong help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by angusthedog, Nov 21, 2011.

1. In all honesty i havent been smoking for very long and never fully understood the bong.
    i was taught by someone who thinks theyre pro and so did i but ive been questioning some of their techniques lately. Im really curious if any one has heard of the term stale smoke when refering to a bong?
    I got taught that once you rip the cone and youve inhaled to your maximum capacity and put your hand over the top to preserve the smoke, that the smoke goes rank and theres no point in inhaling it.
    Im the opposite and inhale it.
    I was just wondering if the person who taught me is right in ignoring the chamber smoke or if that is actually the whole point of a bong.
    Cheers for any help

2. I think it gets stale because of the oxygen, no? I mean... of course you finish clearing the bong. Why would you not? It still gets you high :smoke: .

3. ^ I love seeing you around it never gets old seeing that picture, amazing!

I never have any smoke left in my tubes. Yeah I'm a bong god haha

All kidding aside the guy was right. After a few seconds the smoke will get stale and taste like ass. It gets really harsh and not enjoyable at all. There isn't anything wrong with it it just is nasty.

I'll blown through the downstem to clear any old smoke out of the bong before I rip it again.

4. :laughing: :laughing:

anyways, To OP, once you light your herb and can't inhale anymore, cover the top, blow out and then inhale what's in the chamber. The smokes not really much different unless you wait too long.

It's totally fine to inhale the rest in the chamber too.

:bongin:

5. [quote name='"angusthedog"']In all honesty i havent been smoking for very long and never fully understood the bong.
    i was taught by someone who thinks theyre pro and so did i but ive been questioning some of their techniques lately. Im really curious if any one has heard of the term stale smoke when refering to a bong?
    I got taught that once you rip the cone and youve inhaled to your maximum capacity and put your hand over the top to preserve the smoke, that the smoke goes rank and theres no point in inhaling it.
    Im the opposite and inhale it.
    I was just wondering if the person who taught me is right in ignoring the chamber smoke or if that is actually the whole point of a bong.
    Cheers for any help[/quote]

It goes stale so it tastes worse, but it will get you high.

That being said, if you hit a bong correctly, you should take it in one go. If you cant clear, then take a smaller hit the next time.

6. The smoke should be just fine. After a few seconds the smoke will go a bit more stale and taste a bit gross/harsh. It's no worries if you clear it all in 1 hit, but if you clear the tube in the second hit that's fine too, just don't leave it in there for like 30 seconds or anything. ;)

7. If your water is cold (not fucking ice cold, though that would be even better), then the smoke wont leave the bong. Reason being that the smoke is "attracted" to the coldness of the water. Don't know any other way to describe it. Try smoking a cigarette, shisha or cannabis, and exhaling on the surface of water, or cold glass. You'll see the smoke sticking to the water/glass or whatever cold.

If I do major hits, I don't always manage to clear the bong, because I don't have any more space in my lungs... I keep it in, breathe out when I feel like it, and I empty the rest. Nothing really escapes the bong, not if a few seconds anyway. :)

- Serenity

8. If you're leaving smoke in the tube then you're wasting your weed.
    Take bowls small enough so after you brew it for a while, the ash pulls through.

Tastes way better and is more economical. :smoke:

9. 1. The smoke that stays in the tube remains viable though some say it tastes less fresh
    2. If you are hitting the bong correctly you should clear it all in one breath.
    3. If you measure your hit properly as opposed to just filling up the bong tube, you will not hack to death nearly as much after a good rip.
    4. Always use a screen on your bong. Never let crap pull through and then stay in your water. Clean water = clean smoke.
    5. You can partially carb a bong while you are hitting it to let more air into the chamber. This will allow you to get a comfortable amount of smoke and oxygen.