Need some urgent advice ph issue ??? Take a read

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bjwh389, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Hi , my soil grow in auto pots are about to be fed my soil has a ph of 5.6 and my water/nutrient mix has a ph of 5.9

Is this ok to go ahead and feed am not sure how to calculate my soil ph against the water/nute mix ?? Can anyone help

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. In soil you don't need to pH at all . The soil will automatically buffer , use tap water .
    One less thing to screw up.

3. Is it really in soil? Or soiless type?

In my promix if it's not phed right I have probs. Water with something like a 6.0 and collect some runoff and test that if it's close to the same coming out your good. I water with around a 6 and out the bottom it's around 6.2

4. Yeah no need to ph I agree 100 percent. Try some compost tea. I like to water my plants with rain water

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. When I used to test my phone years ago I noticed it fluctuates depending on how moist or dry the soil is.

6. rain water is crap especially if it ran down your roof

7. I also know own a few other ppl that do the same thing. I got the idea from them:)

8. First of all, your pH is too low. You should ALWAYS pH your water, ALWAYS. I'm not quite sure what they're on about.....6.3-6.5 is the sweet spot FOR ALL MEDIUMS, not JUST soil. Also, take some time to learn about what pH does for your plants, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Yeah that's good, anywhere between 5-7 is fine, ideally between 5.5 - 6.5

10. I always adjust ph regardless of soil or not. Keep it right going in and don't worry about the run off

• Like Like x 1
  11. He's going to be back on here posting pics asking why his plants look worse when he listens to these pommies :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I strongly disagree about adding ph buffers to water. But hey if it works for you guys keep it up lmao

13. I only use vinegar and baking soda