Need some tips, writing college letter

Discussion in 'General' started by Luvs2splooj, Aug 13, 2009.

1. So im (hopefully) going to a nearby school. But my GPA is .04 under the minimum requirement :/

But I can appeal, i have tonight to write a letter talking about who I am and why the school should take me.

I really need to get in here, so any tips you guys can give on what they are looking for and what they want to hear. I Im not just gonna make everything up but I want to make sure I phrase what I am going to say correctly.

Plz and thankyou!

2. its not so much what you say but how you say it, they are looking to see that you are a decent writer and care bout your education.

Id treat it like any other essay. Start with your intro, come up with 2 or 3 qualities about yourself and explain how those qualities will help you in school/life. It also helps if those 2 or 3 things arent just 1 word adjectives, the essay i wrote to get into UF I used, " [FONT=&quot].....formally-trained reasoning skills, strong curiosity, and a relentless need to trace any mystery to its source...will enable me to succeed..."

then in the body of your essay youll need to give evidence to support your qualities, and then further explain why that evidence supports your claim that you will do good in school/life or w/e.

This style simultaneously allows you to "brag" about yourself, show your desire to go 2 school and furthermore show you can reason and write a coherent paper
    [/FONT]

3. I think it will also be better if you can include what is your plan in future. Why would you like to graduate, what do you want to become after graduating.

4. have you goggled it?
    find out what colleges are lookijg for when they read the letters?
    "college letter keywords"
    do you know who will be reading your leter?
    find out. look them up on the internet, maybe their bio page on the school website, find out what their belifs are. and goals. their interest are. and tailor your leter after that
    im doing a resume and i have been just going along with what i found on google and linkedin its working, just takes a while

tell them u have potential. u just started to get into academics. u need to be challanged. you want to be a positive person for the world. help people with the knowledge you get from their cariculum
    tell them why u like their school and why u want to go there, and what u will get out of it
    more importantly,
    tell them what you will contribute to their school and how you will make it a beter place because u are there

good luck