Need some tips on a closet grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pir8skin, Jun 16, 2011.

1. So I've been considering a closet grow with cfl's, here are my issues...hopefully you guys can help.

1. -Ventilation -

I do not have a exhaust fan in my closet, is this going to be a real problem? Can I just use a regular fan instead?

2. -Smell -

Any ideas on how I can conceal the smell and keep this grow stealth?

Thanks guys,

Pir8skin

2. carbon filters will conceal the smell u will want them in a box with a ventilation fan coming in and fan blowing out.. if not inside of a box you can not really control the odor just sitting in a closet. i had mine in a closet and it got plenty of air when they were smaller. really depends on how air tight ur closet is but its going to need some fresh air...

3. how many CFL's are you using?

I started my grow with 5 CFL's (23w) and a pair of t5 flouro's inside of a closet, and the only thing i had in my closet for as long as i kept them there, was a 4" personal desk fan ... and that did the job just fine.

4. i was using (4) 26 or 23 watt cfls (with a reflector) in a 2x2x3 box for my clones and seedlings and a small humidifier fan blowing on them worked good, good growth till they were about 1-2ft tall

they were the lights that replace 100w incandescent bulbs and were 1750 lumens apiece in the red spectrum at 6500k nm

this is my early plant using only that setup before being moved to a 400W MH lamp
    [​IMG]