need some square pots this winter and don't know where to buy one?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fearthebug, Dec 7, 2007.

1. walmart! i'm using some little trashcans from walmart. they're cheap, rectangular, and deep. perfect for a plant, in my opinion.

remove the trash and add your stash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a small screwdriver will create some good drainage holes at the bottom too.

2. Why not just get 5 gal. buckets at home depot.... Pretty good idea though if you have them laying around..

3. my first dominant sativa! here's one of the skunk variety. i call it Big Ugly because it's grown fairly big and it's ugly.

someone get this plant a helmet, because it looks retarded.
    [​IMG]

4. i meant this thread to be more or less for micro growing (that's been my "thing" lately). i forgot to mention that in the first post, but i agree a 5 gallon bucket > small trashcan.

like i said, i've been on a micro kick lately. destroyed an old computer because i wanted to use it as a seedling case. got 2 rubbermaid's going right now too. haha, i probably sound like an obsessed loser, but it's like i never really saw the fun in micro growing before.

5. nice lil' plant :)

not a bad idea if you've got the room, they take up a fair chunk of space for just one plant though.

..got any more pictures of ugly? ..that's the oddest looking plant I've ever seen

:smoke:

6. damn, i just tried to take a picture and my batteries died on me. my camera goes through batteries faster than i go through weed. (not bragging. kind of depressing when i think about it) i'll have to get some more. the reason it looks so strange in that picture is because i'm LST'ing the thing and it's being pulled down towards me when i took the pic.

7. looks like leaf lettuce :D

8. Nope, square or rectangle pots are better than round pots. We all know (or should know) you can fit more squares/rectangles into a space than circles. And those buckets at homedepot are $5 for a bucket. Actually, im glad i read this thread cause i was going to use rectangles or squares for my next grow cause they fit closer together, and i couldnt think of where to get them either. Im sure walmart and places carries smaller trash cans than that. One like you would keep in your bathroom or room (i would think it would be like 3gal) would be PERFECT for a plant. Thanks for the tip!!! Now if i can only find triangle pots :)

9. here's the pics. looks like a big pile of crap, doesn't it? green, leafy, skunky crap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Personally I find 5-gallon way to big unless you plan on vegging for a real long time. I've been using 3.5 gallon buckets from Ace hardware, works well, and had a big handle thing.

Your plants look overfed IMO. what have you been giving them? i dont know if you mentioned it already :smoking:

11. Thats a great idea, trashcans with holes on the bottom

how much does a trashcan like that size cost? More or less than a pot?

12. they were a little more than a dollar at walmart.

and yeah, i think i fed them too soon. they were clones, except for big ugly, and i didn't dilute it as well as i thought. they've been getting straight water lately.

13. That trash can will work nicely. Another idea is rectangular kitty litter bins, that's what I use. The big ones (35-40lb kitty litter) hold about 4.5 gallons. No wasted space for root volume, narrow and deep lets you put more into a tight footprint and retains water in the soil really well, and best of all -- built-in handles!

If you have a cat then think of it as buying the litter and getting the bins for free.

14. Hah toasty I thought I was the only one :). They really are perfect for small plants, and you can stack them for larger plants.