Need some serious advice on my life

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TakeAHit04, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hey fellow blades I am coming to you guys with this problem because well I really have no one else to talk to.Sorry for the long read but this is basically my story right now, I am 22 years old right now going to turn 23 in july and am currently attending community college and life for me right now is soo depressing that I don't know what to do. So right now why I am depressed is because I really don't know where my life is going. What I mean by that is I am going to be 23 years old and I haven't even gotten a "real" job in my life and have no working experience at all. Don't get me wrong I am working a part time job right now at a retirement home taking care of my grandma but just being around that environment is depressing because my grandma keeps telling me that she wants to die because she has a lot of problems and no one there to help her. I go there for for a couple of hours a day to check up on her and to help her with anything she needs but I guess it's not enough. I can't really find another job with better pay than the job I have right now at the retirement home and I need this job because I recently just loaned out a car and have to make monthly payments on it. I feel like I also can't get another job because I have 0 work experience and have never worked anywhere except at the retirement place. Now on to my school, I basically fucked up my first two years at my first community college and transferred to another one to do better, but I recently just figured out that I wasted this quarter because I was taking 2 classes but found out 1 of the classes I was taking was pointless so I had to drop it and so now I am taking only 1 class. I want to major in business accounting and want to hopefully graduate in 3 years (that's if I pass all my classes and don't retake any) before I can go out to find a good job. I recently just found out that my mom might have cancer in her throat and it kills me that we can't pay for her treatments here so she might have to go where my aunts and uncles are to get her treatments because it will be cheaper there but that means I won't be able to see her for a couple of months which will suck. I don't know I mean I realize all of these but I just don't know what to do I don't even know where to start I feel like my life just keeps going downhill. I don't even chill with any of my friends anymore and feel like I am trapped :mad: Thanks for reading this blades I just need some advice and some cheering up anything will do thanks.

2. ok dood so first off basically you gonna be alright . your going to school and working. alot of people would kill to do one of those. i know i am right now. i recently got a 2nd interview coming up monday which im syked about. interviews when you start out is a lot of luck. you want work experience, then apply to some restraunts and hopefully score a 2nd job. you say you want to do the business thing in school so focus and do it dude. the only thing that will hold you back is your mind. my cousin going through im pretty sure rougher stuff than you, gave me advice that he got from his dad.if you cant control your mind, you have a weak mind. as for your family members doing bad due to health. idk man bring your grandma flowers or something.maybe candy if she can eat it. for your mom idk just have faith, let her know ur there and ummm.. you know in your mind what is right to do we shouldnt really have to tell you but i know a reassurance from somebody else is good i guess. when shit gets bad , its bad. you keep tryin and when things get better, shit wasnt really all that bad. good luck

3. I feel you, man.

Sending you out much GrassCity love.

This one's for you, man.

Don't trip on not having the exact working situation you want. You are young yet. You have lots of time to get it right, believe me.

I am sorry to hear that your mom is sick. Try to be strong for her. Try to take good care of your mom. You will like yourself better in the end if you do.

I know it is rough right now but you can handle it.

Catch your breath, pick yourself up, and march on!

Good luck, brah.

I hope this helps.

4. You need to take a step back and let things be, man. You're all up in the middle of this shit, too close to see anything. It sucks where you're at, but like ^ said, with work and school you're in a pretty decent place. If you need another job, or a better job, then look for one. You don't have to immediately sacrifice what you're doing now to try to find something better.

Your depression is common in a situation like yours, you have to see yourself through to the other side of it before it will really go away, but that doesn't mean you have to suffer.

Hang out with your fuckin' friends! If they're really your friends at all they're probably worried as all hell about you. Plus you need to do something to occupy yourself a little more often.

5. Yo OP I don't know what religion you are, but just so you know I just prayed for you bro. Much love my man. I live like 2.5 hrs from you, I don't sell or anything, but I would for sure smoke you down if you were closer. Keep your head up man. You sound like an amazing person & karma will return good things for you. Your mom is in my prayers everyday from here on out. Make the best of life, I'm not the happiest person ever either ha. I have had 4 failed shoulder surgeries & over 1000+ dislocations COMBINED (BoTH shoulders are fucked! not 1, both!) The MRI & CatScan is 6 pages long & the most disturbing thing a Doctor can read. I have been to top Surgeons at UC Davis, Yale, etc. Nothing is left for me to do, it's labeled as 'Degenerative Shoulder Disease'. The worst part is how I had a scholarship to Vermont for basketball! I can't even DRIBBLE a basketball anymore or I will have a dislocation. I also was great at skateboarding and truly loved it just like basketball. I just turned 21 in January, I graduated high-school right when I turned 20 because I had to miss so much school when I had my 4 surgeries throughout freshman to senior year. I pretty much just said fuck life, I'm waiting for SSI to get back to me (Praying to God I don't have to get a Lawyer for it). I don't even know anymore, I honestly wanted to be a police officer & totally be a different cop. Actually fight crime and HELP teenagers struggling as I once was, not fucking ruin there life over a harmless plant, talk to them & relate to them, and fucking fight real crime. Not make my target fucking teenagers. Oh well, I guess everything is meant to be. I don't even hang out with anyone anymore because I hate fucking everybody now. I was the most social kid you could ever meet from 13-18, then I matured & realized everybody is fake. I just spend lots of time with the only 2 people I love, my mommy and my sister. Fuck Everyone.

6. First off, get some Omega 3 for you and Mom! I know that sounds like dumb advice- "take your vitamins", but there are sound scientific reasons why both of you need it.

Your reason is simple, hon -you are a bit depressed and Omega 3 helps to lift depression. I could load you down with PubMed studies, but this is easier reading :D -

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood? How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?

Why Mom needs it is a bit more complicated, but I'll try to break it down into easy pieces.

The endocannabinoid system is made up of tiny chemical receptors on and between the surface of your cells. these receptors are how our body "talks" to itself- telling a brain cell that you are feeling good today, or it may give the message to a mutating cell that it has gone "wrong" and needs to die!

You might think of the receptors like loudspeakers in a factory (the cell) sending out messages to the workers (the various parts of a cell) to do certain "jobs" (make bodily chemicals, reproduce, or die, etc) .

Now to make these receptors properly, you need some Omega 3 to stick on a piece called the G i/o effector protein. Without Omega 3, your speaker has a "loose wire"- the messages may not get through! :eek:

These guys were just looking at the brain, but they show that you need Omega 3 to make working CB1 receptors. (Those "impaired emotional behaviors" include depression, incidentally)

“Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.”
    Unbound MEDLINE | Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. PubMed Journal article abstract

Now when this undelivered message is "You are a cancer cell, you need to die- begin the apoptosis cycle! (ends in the cell dying)", the results are serious- you get cancer!

This is the wrong type of cancer, but they explain what happens to give you cancer. (Since this is all pretty new stuff, there aren't that many news article on it ...yet) It basically works like this for many other types of cancer- they just found this kind first!

Turned-Off Cannabinoid Receptor Turns On Colorectal Tumor Growth (news - 2008) Turned-off Cannabinoid Receptor Turns On Colorectal Tumor Growth

Now the huge problem is that the average American-sytle diet has almost NO Omega 3 in it! We are, as a nation, suffering from an Omega 3 deficiency! :eek:

O-6 vs. O-3 ratio
    Omega-6 to Omega-3 Ratio - Discover the Shocking Reality That Ruins Your Health More than You Think! - Free Online Library

Good Oils and Fatty Substances http://www.math.ucsd.edu/~ebender/Health & Nutrition/Nutrition/oil_good.html

The health benefits of Omega 3 are way more than just keeping your endocannabinoid system fighting cancer! This deficiency is making us into a nation of "sickies". 2012 advertizing will make a big thing about taking your fish oil! Watch and see! (If I had money I would be investing in vitamin companies and Ancestry.com ASAP- but that's another story. ;) )

Mom should watch her diet and begin eating with more care. She should eat healthy "peasant" food! Whole grains, lots of yellow veggies (vit A), salads, wild salmon, and such!

Avoid the over-abundant corn products in our diet. Corn oil has zero Omega 3. Lab rats used to be made diabetic by feeding them large amounts of corn syrup. Corn starch is a cheap way to thicken things but adds almost nothing nutritional value. In moderation, corn is fine, but look at the ingredients on packaged foods- it is in a LOT of stuff! Our corn-heavy diet is not healthy! :(

You may even want to put in a "postage stamp garden, and grow your own salads! A "Sweet 100" tomato plant, some fancy lettuce, maybe even a cucumber vine or some dwarf snow peas! Minutes-old salads taste WAY better than anything from the market! :D

And on that salad, instead of some bottled dressing, make your own! :hello:

Omega 3 Italian Salad Dressing

1/2 cup hemp seed oil \t\t\t
    1/3 cup cider or red wine vinegar\t\t
    1 teaspoon of garlic flakes\t\t\t
    1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes\t\t
    2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning\t\t
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt\t\t\t\t
    1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper\t\t

Mix, shake well before using. \t

I find it amazing that cannabis not only provides the THC and CBD we need to heal, but also, in it's seed, it provides the Omega 3 we need to keep the endocannabinoid system healing us!

Cannabis is an amazing plant!

OK, this is already too long, so click that first link in my sig and start reading! There are medical studies and articles there that will help you and your Mom through this!

Hang in there!

Granny :wave:

7. Not to knock you down or anything....

but I took omega 3 for over 2 months and it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

You make it sound much much better then it actually is. It didn't effect my mood, my anxiety levels were worse or the same, and I got the same highs from smoking ... so literally nothing changed.

I thought after the 1st month I would notice something but alas... nothing.

You should definitely try recommending something OTHER then omega 3 for people like me, where it doesn't do anything.

8. Ya I want to find another job somewhere else but the thing is next quarter/semester I am going to be taking a shit load of classes because I really want to be done with school and get the fuck out and I don't think I would have enough time for both my retirement job and another job. Your right about the mind I try and keep positive but every time I get positive or if I try not to think about the negatives, more shit just pops up that brings me down, I want to be more positive but I don't know what to do to be like that, ever since I was born shit in my life has never been good and now it just keep piling up but I will try and keep a better mind of things. Thanks for the good luck and the advice.

Thanks man ya I try and spend a lot more time with my mom as much as I can but every day she is getting worse and it kills me that I can't do shit about it. I hope I can pull through this and try and handle it and thanks again man.

Ya I know what you mean I am really trying to put all these situations aside but it all came down on me at once and I'm trying to handle it right now but its hard/depressing as hell. I know I should look for a better job but I don't even know where to start or if I will even find a better job than the one I have right now. I'm trying to focus everything right now to finish school and graduate but I don't even know anymore. It's not that I don't hang out with my friends, really I have only 3 close friends, one graduated already and is working full time now with two jobs, one is close to graduating soon, and the last one is practically in the same boat as me in school, so it's not that we choose not to hang out, it's because we have to get our shit straight and graduate. Ya I want to go out and just do more but the thing with my mom and money is what is stopping me. Thanks for your advice's though I will try and take them in.

Thanks for your support man. And damn I can't even imagine what you went through with all your surgeries, I hope everything works out for you man. I can't imagine losing a scholarship man I will burn one for you for that. We are almost exactly the same, I also want to just say fuck it and join the military or something but I think it's too late for me now and I don't want to leave my mom right now especially with what she is going through right now. I also know what you mean about hating everyone, I don't know maybe being depressed and shit makes you hate everyone and everything I can't stand it.Thanks again for your support and hope everything works out with you and good luck.

Thank you for that information, I will definitly check it out and see if it will help me and my mom. Thanks for everything.

Damn so I guess it does different things for different people? I'll check it out to see if it is right for me and my mom.

9. You said you don't know where your life is going. That is reason enough to stay alive and find out.

It seems like you need to take a second and contemplate what it means to be alive.

Death is natural. It happens to everyone and everything that was once alive. Nothing lives for ever.
    Come to terms with this.
    It is a sad concept, but ultimately, it is one everyone must come to accept.

But mental health is necessary. You cannot get ahead in life if you are not happy.
    It just won't happen. You cannot think about your own success until you yourself are content and happy.

Make time for friends. They will guide you.

Maybe try a faith. Spirituality is what most people turn too when they do not see their life having purpose. Try it out.

10. It's not that I want to invalidate what the OP has to say, it's not that I don't want to take the time to put a bit of attention towards whatever the topic is...

While I am glad others have endured it and given some advice - I just can't bring myself to read through the wall of text.
    When I come into a thread and see that, at least 90% of the time I move along to the next thread, as it's very off-putting and looks as though I'll end up reading the same line at least three or four times is I try to get through it.

OP sorry, and I'm glad you got some advice and sorry I couldn't help.

11. Iight first you gotta off the grandma. That chick gotta go, she dont wanna be here and you dont want to be there. Plus you cant do nothing while shes doing nothing. Off her. Then, you get a retail job. I got one at 16 with no work experience so I'm sure a 22 year old who really needs a job and helped his grandma for years can get one. Then, pick up all the hours you can, you know, stack that. Blast soulja boy get money stunt on the hoes, and shit. Pick up the summer classes you can prolly do 2 now you stacking credits too. Balling. Fall you come back harder maybe cop a 2nd job and take mad classes now you stunting on these hoes. Only so much you can do fa ya moms tho. Thats nothing you can help but best of luck with it. Hope dat all works out for u boi

12. In college and you cant write in paragraphs...