Need some quick help (first grow)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blitz9256, Oct 18, 2012.

1. #1 blitz9256, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
    I planted 3 seedlings on Sunday and they first popped out of the ground Tuesday morning :D. I'm using fox farms soil, reverse osmosis water, and T5's. As of now the lights are about 5-6 inches from the plants. I have not used any nutrients or additives and have them on an 18/6 cycle. The room temperature stays between 75-80 degrees and the humidity is usually 35-45%. I have read and been advised not to water them yet, just to mist the tops with a spray bottle to keep them damp, so that's what I've been doing. Problem is, I think the lights are drying them out to fast. This morning the tops were all dry, the leaves don't look as green, and one of the leaves on the center plant has just a bit of yellowing at the edge. Do I continue just to mist the tops? They seem to stay damp for a couple hours, maybe a bit less, but after that the tops seem pretty dry. What should I do?
    Thanks!

ps> I have no way of taking pictures

2. What size container are they in? I would water until you get a little runoff out of the container and then note the weight versus when they were bone dry like it sounds like they are now. Then wait until the container feels that dry/empty again and water (likely 2-4 days). Key is don't overwater but misting alone is not enough. Personally not a big fan of misting anyways. Light distance sounds ok but might be a little close this early on and drop it down to 3-5" in another week or once they get a little bigger. Your temps and humidity sound spot on.

Also remember for the FFOF soil you don't need to add any nutes for roughly 4-5 weeks and keep an eye on your ph and adjust as needed. Don't worry about those first leaves starting to yellow a little since they are just the initial/rounded leaves as long as you are giving adequate water and don't have the lights too close. If you have all those things in order just sit back and watch them grow. The less you mess with them the better as long as they have the essentials.

3. ^ Yeah follow those rules and you are set