Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need Some Questions Answered

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by RapturousGrief, Feb 21, 2011.

1. #1 RapturousGrief, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011
    I've been planning on starting to go back to the ganj (what can I say, I miss the fuck out of it) after a long, three-month break due to my anxiety being triggered. However, after reading the guide to anxiety attacks/paranoia, I only feel more apprehension about starting again. My issue isn't even the possibility of anxiety/paranoia (i.e. "normal" things), it's the whole "toxic delirium" and "psychoses" stuff. First of all, has anyone even had a toxic delirium because of weed? Like what even is it? Is it rare/serious/etc? And also for psychoses, I thought it was only possible to get psychosis from cannabis of you were already predisposed to it. Has this been proven? Or can cannabis really generate psychosis all by itself? Thanks for any help. I wish I could just get high and say fuck it like everyone else but it ain't gonna happen with my anxiety haha...

2. I don't have all those answers for you, friend, but I can tell you one thing. In this particular situation, look at it like getting a tattoo. Please, don't be offended. I'm not trying to trivialize your predicament at all by comparing it with getting a tattoo. I respect that this is serious, so bare with me.

Just like with a tattoo, once you get it, there's no going back. You've done the deed, and now you have to live with it. I tell anyone who is thinking about getting a tattoo that if they have any apprehensions whatsoever they should not do it. A display of apprehension in any case such as this is setting yourself up, psychologically, for some form of disappointment.

Likewise, if you are already feeling apprehensive about the thought of smoking again, I can almost guarantee you that you will regret that you smoked because you are expecting something bad to happen.

So I'll just tell you what I have told all my tattooed friends; if you're having second thoughts, then you're not ready. You should wait until you can do it without even having to think about it. Only you can know when that is though. And hey, that day may not come. Some might disagree, but cannabis isn't meant for everyone.

3. The only "toxic delerium" I was familar with was that experienced by elderly patients with severe kidney infections or pneumonia, so I had to look it up:)
    Delirium: eMedicine Psychiatry
    Do you have a link where you read this could be caused by cannabis?:confused:

All I could find was Substance Intoxication, which just means you are very stoned
    PsychiatryOnline | Substance-Induced Delirium

4. It's in this thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/apprenti...e-dealing-anxiety-panic-attacks-paranoia.html

However it states that it's only possible when smoking unusually large amounts, and even then it's not really serious and still rare.