Need some pointers/tips for growing.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Bongzy, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Hey my buddy just gave me some seeds to try to start growing (Yes I know it is really late) but this is my first plant and I am trying this out to see if I could grow a plant or two (basically just experimental but if I can get weed from it then thats a bonus). Anyways the seeds have little tiger stripes on them and some don't have them. first I need to know which one is male and which one is female if not both are female?. I was reading abouit germinating them with the "papertowel" method I have a garden about 4x2 and it gets about 7-8 hours of sunlight I just put down fresh soil in there. When november/december comes around will I be able to transport them inside?

if there are any other suggestions I need to know to grow. I skimmed through the outdoor growing guide but I would like some user input. thanks

2. It's very late to start a outdoor grow. Flowering in most cases has already started and if it has not started it will within the next couple weeks, which means any seed sprouts started now, will be very short and have very little herb on them. As far as your comment on knowing which seed is male or female, uh no...when the plant reaches a certain maturity (June-August in the USA) it will show it's sex of either male or female.

Save the seeds and do a spring grow next year, otherwise grow indoors!

3. you cant determine sex by looking at the seeds you have to wait til the plant is growing... dont plant now it will be a waste of seeds just save them or throw them if you can get new ones next year... unless you want to grow indoor

4. Okay thanks. So I should do an Indoor grow then? I have this lamp
    [Philips 141473 F15T12/D Straight T12 Fluorescent Tube Light Bulb]

it is about 18" would this be sufficient for about 2 possibly 3 plants?

ok thanks I was doign some research on male/female and that probably was a dumb question :p

Im going to college in the fall so I can get better seeds but I got these ones for free from a buddy so I just want to experiment with them ( I live in my parents basement and they dont give a shit if I grow them but they prefered if it was outside but it isnt a biggie)

Also for growing indoors should I get a big box or what should I use? I dont have a closet in my room.