Need some pill help: Hydroxyzine

Discussion in 'General' started by Draketh, Jun 30, 2007.

1. I was in class tonight, and apparently one of the urinals exploded like a firehyrant and was flooding the bathroom and adjacent hall. I ran out to the car, got a wrench and helped my professor turn it off, after it was all said and done and water was done shooting all over the bathroom I walk out and what happens? I slip cartoon style and bust my ass on the ground. So I'm limping around the rest of the night and my friend that I chill with in and outside of class comes up to me and said he saw me fall and it looks like I'm in pain.

Hes got all kinds of back and knee problems so he gives me four 50g caps of what he said was a good painkiller he got from his doctors. I'm never one to take someones word on random pills, and since I was extreme pain I said what the hell. I came home, did a little research and found this page. The pill says Barr on it.

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=1331

It seems to be a medication given after coming out of general anestetic. I've read some sites that say its a pain killer/sedative, some sites says its anti-anxiety, others say its an anti-histamine. After making sure it wasn't some crazy ass shit, I dropped one, and waiting a half hour, after only feel slightly out of it and getting mild pain releif I looked it up and it said a typical dose is 50-100mg, so I took another about 5 minutes ago.

My question is, has anyone had any experience with this med, and what did it do for you. I am currently not on any other meds that it could cause problems in junction with. Thanks for reading!

p.s. - by the time I got done typing this out I'm starting to feel pretty laid back and relaxed, almost sluggish and tired, and the pain is somewhat diminished.

2. On another note I'm happily watching Van Wilder 2, and Holly Davidson is a stone cold fox in this movie. That cockney accent really does something for me.... :rolleyes: