Need some Nute /ppm help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheBabyJ, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Alright, so I am diving into my second grow. I am using these nutrients.

Advanced Nutrients, Ph Perfect Hydroponic PPM Perfect, Medical Marijuana Nutrients Featuring Sensi, Bigbud, Piranha, Voodoo Juice

I used the chart they have, and with the starter system I am using ( Bubbleponics, constant drip, 6 Gallons of Water) it said I should do about 91 mL, so I did HALF of that since my plants are rather small, and I heard that is a rule of thumb.

Anyhow, I also got my "ATC with TDS Meter"
    This is where I am REALLY confused.

I saw that most people keep theirs around 1500 PPM give or take a few hundred. On the back of the instructions for my meter it says

1990 ppm / 10 ppm. I took it this meant if it displays 10 its actually 1990 ppm. I don't know if I am correct or not, but I sure hope not, because my meter displayed a 50 once I put it in my water AFTER adding nutrients. That would mean is over 5000 ppm and my plant is about to die. I am testing everything with this ONE plant before I dive into all 3 ( Reserva Privada Kosher Kush + Skywalker Kush, and Delicious Seeds Cheese Candy)

ANY advice would be appreciated. For my main hydro system once I get using these nutrients down and this PPM meter or w.e. I will have this system

Stealth Hydroponics, Inc - $4.99 Shipping! - Hydroponics Systems and Supplies, plant lighting, Aeroponics, grow room, hydroponics shops, grow tent, hydroponics kit, grow kits, buddinghouse > The Three Bucketeers

I can't express how much I would appreciate some help here. Thanks in advance.

Baby Jesus

2. Well... In the old 3 part system mixing 3/4 strength with all those extra goodies ppm was around 1800. But straight tap water here is over 200.

AN is great with their online chart. Follow the nute calc and don't mix more than 75% of the max. That's what was taught to me.

Worked amazing for me:)

3. Thank you very much, didn't see any nute burns today, going to get some buffing solution and recalibrate my tester.

4. Anyone else?