need some much needed input on this roor I am considering buying

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ilovetrees, Aug 23, 2008.

1. i didnt mean like a $15 cheap bong i meant a $100-150 non roor bong. still less but dece quality. i just wanna kno the differences

one of the things ur saying is that they can drop. so thats a positive in my mind so thanks for the info haha

2. Lol i can see him makin a bong and then out of no where " SHIT PISS" *smash* bong drops... lmao, sry i shuldnt b callin turrets funny.

3. Well mine was 110 dollars as a gift. It was also a tree bong so it wasn't really those crappy colored ones that you can tell are made in China, mine was clear and looked like a legit bong just without the Roor label, learned my lesson.

4. Wow. I totally skimmed over this part before, but that is one of the best points anyone has made in this thread.

5. ur talking about the one that broke? was the only difference how it broke on you? or did it hit worse or something?

i can try to be careful but if roors hit better or something id rather get that

6. I would say go to a local headshop, and get a bong there. no need to spend a shitload of money on something you can ge for 80.

7. Thank you sir.

8. #48 Illadelph_Coil, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
    I actually kind of agree.. My bongs are all complex, percs, glycerin, etc., and that's why mine are all name label.. but in the case of just a straight tube, you'll get some difference, like denser stronger glass that hasn't been touched up or reblown over and over again to hide blower mistakes, but it's really just whether or not you are willing to pay for that extra little quality in a name label straight tube.

So OP, that thing will get you high, and if you want a RooR that's not a terrible price.

EDIT: Just be careful when buying off-label glass that has diffused stems. Make sure the holes are blown into the stem and not cut with a saw. That makes it weaker and much more likely to break.

9. I completely agree. If your gunna go fancy, go name-brand, and if ur going name brand, go ROOR deffinitly. But as far as a straight tube bong, why spend the money for ROOR?

10. TO THE OP:

I think $200 is probably a decent deal for the piece...dunno if the 7.0s really do come black label...black labels are the 5.0(?) i think....even still good deal.

PS: To everyone else:

shut up, no one cares that you're cheap or that you care to buy pricey glass.

11. You fail, ROOR makes their shit stronger and with better glass. They are just flat out more durable and last longer than a cheap bong.

12. you fail

not really but u sound like an internet faggot :devious:

13. i would rather choose A and waste all that spare money on gas (weed)

14. really, i don't think i could EVER justify spending so much money on a bong. i mean it's a roor and all, whatever that means, as if the glass is somehow more durable against smoke, it's not like i'm throwing the thing to the next guy in the rotation or anything.

do whatever you want with your money man, but $200 will get me really damn high out of my pipe

15. Well when you have a roor you can say "Fuck you I have a roor"

example:

Girlfriend: That was wasnt very good sex.
    You: Fuck you I have a RooR.

16. LOL That's funny as hell man.

17. Haha, lil wayne has a personal blunt roller. They smoke crazy shit. Left some in the studio once.... damn I need money.

18. Agreed. True, you ARE paying for the name, but there is also serious quality time that was spent to make it. As someone previously said, it's like Apple. Their products are MARKETED as a premium product, therefore you pay a premium price. It's simple economics.

19. You guys dont get it.

Part of the appeal of RooRs is the fact that they ARE expensive.

And because they are that expensive, that means they are exclusive.

Its just a plus that RooR bongs hit better then most out there...

The real thing that attracts people to RooR (and other name brands) is simply the novelty of it.

If you walk into a room and look at a bong, you will not get that momentary sense of awe with a regular bong as you would if you were staring at a crisp, clean, shiny 2 foot RooR.

20. no bong compares to a roor they are so nice and solid made. you see it and you like holy shit that is a nice fucking bong. and its quality yeah i could get a straight pipe the same looking one for about 90 bucks but it wouldnt be the same as my roor at all.