need some much needed input on this roor I am considering buying

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ilovetrees, Aug 23, 2008.

1. nope sry lol. A corvette is BETTER then a honda civic. When u get better in a sport, u buy eguipment that works BETTER then ur previous eguipment. A roor is no better then other brands...sorry.

2. Oh and i forgot to mention i love roors, lol i just think they are rediculously over priced/not worth it.

3. there is a huge fucking difference, especially quality, and the lines and the way a roor looks is just gorgeous....

4. this whole post makes sense

until the glass part

no one can tell me why roor is better quality

im dont kno shit about glass. i just wanna be told the right things and not be influenced by a company fanboy (no offense haha) :smoking:

5. #25 Illadelph_Coil, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
    You're over looking the fact that glass blown by experianced blowers is always going to be stronger and more reliable than cheap garage blown crap in most cases.

Go smoke your bong blown by torrets Jim down the street. I'll smoke mine blown by someone with a scientific glass blowing degree and then drop it on slate and watch it bounce without even scratching.

EDIT:
    None taken. I was a noob when I made my name. Now I can't make any argument without clearly being biased one way. I woulda made it Coillander.

6. This post isn't about whether or not you like Roor's, if you don't like them don't post about them and trying to tell other people that they aren't worth it. I've never been the type to go cheap on quality, Roor's are worth the money. To the OP I would say that if your getting a pretty decent bowl with that bong that it would be worth the $200 IMO.

7. yo to everyone but the op including me cuz idk your all arguing about roors not fufling the purpose of the thread

8. first mention of why its actually better. if u care to stay in this thread id love to hear more about why you think its better

9. It's more than just the letters. Its the quality of the glass, build and design.
    Anyone who says the quality is no different doesn't know what they're talking about.
    And why get defensive when it's not even you're money. Just remember, you get what you pay for.
    So keep dragging that plastic carbed crap you call a bong.

10. The quality and thickness of the glass is better. The size, color and design of the glass looks better. They are designed for less drag and ease of use. They come with quality down tubes and diffusers for better smoke quality.

11. why cant a no name glass blower downtown in my city blow a bong just as nice as a roor for cheaper? and yes he does have a glass blowing degree lawl

roor professional glass blower with glass blowing degree. looks like he is a hard worker/maker of quality bongs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5nxvY84X2s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3txegtP4HY0

hes a couple minutes in if u care to watch :smoking:

12. Ok well i dont have a "scientific glass blowing degree" but where the fuck r u buying glass that bounces off of slate?!?!?!?

13. He wants input on the RooR he's looking at getting. One person telling him to just buy cheap bongs, and another disagreeing with him, and then them defending their stances with valid arguments, is input.

14. There are so many differences. How about Roor's perc'd bongs? Ever compare the quality and drag with other cheaper perc'd bongs?

15. thanks for ur reply. i would be interested in buying a roor myself. i just want solid evidence before i go and spend the money

16. You want to know the difference? I can explain it you best like this, I tapped my old head shop bong on the side of a metal chair and it crumbled, the glass was no thicker then 2 mm. My friend comes over my house with his $550 double perc glass Roor, drops it while he is standing in my kitchen, it falls onto tile and it didn't break, it actually put a little chip in my tile. Not to mention they produce a much smoother smoke then you would get out of any cheap bong at your head shop. If you like no name bongs, thats cool, but don't deny the quality of a Roor.

17. #37 Illadelph_Coil, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
    Well then your neighborhood glass blower makes shit as good as RooRs, but that may not be the case for the OP. And still, think about the number of tubes the RooR blowers have blown compared to your local blowers. They might be fuck ups, but they still probably have many more hours under their belt.

EDIT: The precision of experienced glass blowers is often over looked because you may not know enough about actually blowing glass (and I'm not saying I do) to really appreciate the differences in the final products, or really be able to see them for that matter.

18. i wouldnt consider buying a cheap perc bong or anything "fancy" by a no name blower but for a simple straight tube i just wanna kno the differences in quality cuz to me it sounded like the name

altho some of ur posts are talking about specifics of whats better about roors and other well known blowers cuz after all how did they get to be well known? there isnt much bong marketing haha. the bong market can only really be affected by quality

19. I understand that. But what i was saying is that when i compared a roor to a lesser brand bong, i saw, felt, and had no diff in the high. and i saw no diff in the quality, even my friend with the roor says he shulda got one like mine, they are the exact same, mine just doesnt say roor.

20. haha my neighborhood blower is amazing he does have turrets tho :(