Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

need some legal advice

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mr Swisher, May 9, 2009.

1. Last night I got rolled getting in my car after smoking a blunt. My friends and I's eyes were cashed and we reeked. The officer came up and asked for our licence i handed him my debit card by accident...

Anyway they find less then a G, and my pipe. He gave me the oppurtunity to snitch and gave me a paper with a number on it that I have to Monday to call. Nothing else. No citation or anything. He has all my info I was just wondering if I don't call can they do anything about it?

He just let me go with a sheet of paper with a number to call and snitch too. Saying I have til Monday to call.

2. If it was me, I'd call, but you don't have to snitch

3. You got caught with less than a G, you'll probably get the same punishment whether or not you snitch. Snitching doesn't get you out of it.

4. #4 Mr Swisher, May 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009
    Yeah but they never issued a citation or anything...

I'd get a paraphanelia charge too...

5. remember this, snitches get stitches. you'll be much better off not snitching, you could be seriously injured if you do

6. im not looking to snitch im just wondering if i dont call the number will they come after me? They never gave me a citation or any report of the incident. Other than a number I have no records of this happening.

7. where did you hide the bud and piece?

8. This is kinda weird because this exact same thing happened to me too. The cop found my bowl and a bag with a little nug in it, plus some left in the bowl. He confiscated it and gave me his business card with his work # on it, and then wrote his cell # on the back of the card.

He wants to speak with me and get some names of people who are dealing / who may be dealing, and he said all of the evidence would be destroyed and the case would be thrown out the window, no fine or classes or anything. Can the police do this, or is he just playing?

9. sounds deep.

10. I'm not sure about your state laws, but since he didn't charge you on the spot, he can't do it later.

I would check with your state laws to be sure, but don't call that number for now.

11. Alright, well I emailed a local lawyer I found off norml's website. I'm awaiting a response. I think the officer gave me the number and let me leave banking on the fact I would be scared and call the number to cooperate. Right now I'm in a position of waiting for them to come after me, or them not doing anything because of me not calling.

12. I think I may follow in your footsteps and see what can be done about my situation as well. Unless you're really sketched about posting it, do you mind posting what state you're in?

EDIT: Nvm, says right next to your post haha.

13. I doubt they can slap a charge on you now... They just want some names and think you are scared enough to give names... They've confiscated your bowl and stuff so they might use that as "evidence" to obtain a warrant to search your house or something, but if the cop didn't charge you there they can't now I'm pretty sure...

To be on the safe side I'd make sure you clean out your house of all paraphernalia and drugs as they are probably going to be visiting you shortly.

14. dude dont call he cant do shit

lol u handed him ur debit card lmao

15. So if he didn't had over a piece of paper or some type of legal proof stating he was charging me for possession of marijuana / paraphanelia, he can't do it later on?

16. Ignore it and stay clean and don't get yourself busted stupidly again.

OR get yourself a lawyer and listen to them.

Either way, you need to be smarter with your MJ

17. I'm in Michigan and this happened to my son...only he had an ounce...

Your age is a big factor...my son was 17....he never called the number and that was 3 years ago and we've heard nothing...I believe the statute of limitations is 1 year for them to charge you.

In my son's case it would only have been an MIP (minor in possession)...so, we figured the cop just was trying to scare him into possibly narcing and when he didn't call, the cop just blew it off because of it being such a minor offense

18. 2x...you should be 18 if your not...clear your house, every thing don't leave trace or resign, stash your shit in a private storage, don't smoke....call a public lawyer and ask him, or go on a forum about crimal questions