Need some legal advice! plz read and help :(

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by crazypbingman, Feb 6, 2009.

1. ok so about 2 or 3 months ago i had some bs thing at school where some chick got caught smoking at her house and she to make a long storey short she told the school that i gave her a nug or something. the school calls me in and i tell them that i never gave her weed she just said my name to cover up for someone else. anyways the case closed.

now the school knows i smoke pretty much b/c i refused to take the drug test. so the school cop calls me in and says "we want to know where you get the weed from (they think i get it at/from school). and he said if i didnt tell them then he would re-open the case where i "sold" weed to that girl from months ago. also he thinks that i got weed from the locker room or something b/c they saw on camera that i walked into the gym (no camera in locker room) w/ a couple of ppl.

so im getting called in again to tell the "truth". i of coarse dont want to tell them anything. if i dont he says hes going to "press charges" and i will go to court...now what i want to know is: would they even have enough evidence for me to go to court/get conviceted or something. i know that if i tell them i got it from school id get suspended and put on probation. and if they think i gave the weed to the girl then i get expelled.. but what if i just give them the name of who i used to get it from outside of school..at my house. then legally the cops cant charge me w/ anything can they? b/c its not at school?

thx for the help for whoever reads all of this :)

2. If I were you I would look up some phone numbers online of some local lawyers that specialize in drug related charges. I dont know much about the legal system but something about what this cop is doing seems a little bit odd, especially because they dont seem to have any real legit evidence on you, just what the believe happened. Good Luck with it bro....

3. Thus the dangers of being in high school and smoking pot.

4. ty for responding so fast indastreets. i didnt think of that and i think ill call :)

5. #5 fraNkthetaNk_, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
    If you got the money and resources i would get a lawyer ASAP. There clearly harassing you and trying to scare you when they have absolutely no evidence that you did anything wrong. If you can't get a lawyer then keep doing what your doing and deny everything because without evidence they really can't do shit. Honestly it sounds like the cop is harassing you and trying to scare you and that isn't right.

edit: keep us updated with what happens

6. ty thats exactly how i was feeling when he said all that shit. im just afraid of going to court or something..that seems a little too far >.> but i also dont want that case opened up again. if i get in trouble for "dealing" at school...that means ill be expelled from school and get a felony...

7. #7 suburbantoker, Feb 6, 2009
    did you give her the nug or no? they can't do shit now, just dont bring anything to school, ever.

they can't charge you with selling at school with one person sayin they got a nug from u. they can't take you to court, and if they tried, it would be dismissed before it was ever in the court room. don't take ANY "deals" they try to give you

8. hey thx. are you sure about this ^^
    also i know that they can do something. if i admit to bringing/selling/having/ buying weed to school or at school then they can suspend me and put me on dirverson. or if i told them that i did sell or give to someone i can get expelled. i know this b/c it happened to some ppl.

9. you have never used an illegal substance
    you have never sold or given away an illegal substance
    you have never possessed an illegal substance
    you refuse to take drug tests because it infringes on your rights

repeat these 4 lines and all they have against you is ONE PERSON'S word against ONE other person's word. there is no way a prosecutor would even attempt to take this to a court room, and may try to trick you saying they can, and try to offer you "deals" do not take these deals.

10. #10 JackHandy420, Feb 6, 2009
    READ THIS!!^^^^^ Now read it again. Seriously, They are trying to intimidate you in to hanging yourself. Don't even admit to EVER SMOKING OR TAKING any drug, or drinking, or smoking cigarettes etc. If they have an actual cop at school like they do at my sons high school, tell him you will not make ANY statement without either your parents or a lawyer present. Stick to your guns. They will tell you that if you weren't guilty you would talk. Just tell them that this is a criminal matter, and you want either your parents or a lawyer. They will try to make you think there on your side, and if you confess they will "go easy" on you. They are lying their ass off. They know that if you don't talk they have nothing on you. If they had enough to charge you, they already would have.

Just be smart, stay cool, and keep your mouth shut. Trust me, I've been through a situation like this before. And regarding "reopening the last case" it is just another bullshit intimidation tactic. If they had anything on you for that one, they would have hung your ass out to dry for it already. This is a common tactic cops (and principals) take to try and scare you in to confessing to something. Don't fall for it. Tell them you don't do or sell drugs, any other questions you want a lawyer present. PERIOD.

Hang in there bro, you'll get past it. Even if you sold her weed in front of the whole school during an assembly, and EVERYONE testified against you, if a cop didn't see it, and you have nothing on you for them to find, unless you confess you can't be convicted. And remember, no matter what, even if they suspend you for something, keep your mouth shut because if you confess to anything you will be charged with a criminal offense.

My kids all know, don't say a fucking thing to the cops, or admit to anything to school officials. I may kick their ass (figure of speech, not literally) at home for it, but I'm not willing to let them be intimidated in to having a criminal record.

Let us know how it goes.

11. They don't have anything on you. They need a confession to get anything.
    It's your word against hers. If they say if you weren't guilty you would talk, all you have to say is "i'm not guilty, i didn't do anything, therefore i don't have anything to tell"
    If they had evidence against you they woulda taken you out already.
    I've been taking law courses and a grand jury/judge would never admit this case into court, there is no evidence against you unless you have a record for selling/possession.
    It would be a waste of time and recources.
    If you don't know this girl well just be like "i don't even know her"
    Police suck, they're being real shady.
    But yeah if u have the recources for a lawyer then YES call one.
    Keep us updated man.

12. Definitely just sounds like some scare tactics to me. They assume oyu are stupid and naive and know nothing about the law

13. lol @ the school cops trying to scare you.
    go with what suburban toker and tossablemonkey said.

They dont have shit on you. They have NO physical evidence. Hearsay does not count as evidence.

Just stick to your guns and keep your mouth shut. If they continue to harass you about the subject, tell them that you want your parents and/or a lawyer present since they are accusing you of a criminal offence. If you are under age (which im sure your not :rolleyes:) they do not have the right to question and interrogate you about the matter without your parents being present. It infringes upon your rights and freedoms.

14. read this thread over and over again. it is good advice. Another tidbit, keep any and all things related away from school, just for safety's sake in case they try to screw with you again.

15. the name of the game is deny deny deny. tell them u dont smoke weed. dont have weed on you in school. dont let them try to scare you. it sounds like there is pretty much nothing they can do but they are trying to scare u into giving up someones name. good luck.

16. "Either talk to my lawyer, or let me go back to class to learn what my ancestors fought so hard to protect"

17. 1. If the prior case is closed from before, they really don't have anything to bother you. The case is closed, that means a decision was made in the legal system and it is over. Their is no new "crime" as a reason to e3ven contact you.

2. You have rights. You have the 5th amendmant. So you ain't got to say jack to them without a lawyer. If they arrest you, which they can't, or try and bring you down for interigation, whch I also believe they can't, say I'm not saying anything till I have my lawyer. If you say that and the questioning continues they are breaking your rights, and that's a huge fucking problem.

3. You also can't be searched randomly, they have to have a reason. And if they say we need to search you say where the fuck is your warrant pig.

4. Sounds like they are bugging you a bunch. Say "I do not wish to answer anymore questions or be contacted by the police on this topic. And if you do I will file a lawsuit against the you for harassment. Also the school can probably get in trouble for getting into problems that are not school related.

I would suggest not bringing anything to school, if you do that is, I'm not saying you do. Keep a low profile bout the stuff, and make sure when you buy no one knows you are there and shit. Don't give them a foot in the door, ever... Don't let the police push you around, because they will try and get what they want from you. Even if it isn't the real truth.

18. They cannot re-open a case without incriminating evidence. That is all.

19. If I were you I would threaten a law suit against the school for harasment, remember your rights say NOTHING next time say that you will not talk with out a lawyer present they will soon drop the case if thats what you want to call it. Sporsky is right they are trying to intimidate you no doubt DO NOT FALL for this man.....schools do not want lawsuits filed against them..." I will not talk to you with out my lawyer, do not try to intimidate me..if you want we can easily make this a legal matter..all you have is heresay and accusations NO PROOF " thank you good bye.

20. Rock on bro