Need some input on a hypothetical grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Nasten, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Well the setup I had in mind is something like this:

-Soil as medium(mixed in some nice way with leca, perlite and werm)
    -one 600W HPS lamp
    -some fluoros
    -ten euforia seeds(or possibly orange bud)
    -Fertilizers; Blue Solution Flower & Roots for both weg and begining of flower(NPK 15-30-15)
    Blue Solution Heavy Weight for last part of flower-period(NPK 20-5-30)
    -pH regulators(I'll use strips for testing pH)
    -home made carbonfilter(will fix this before flower-p
    (-perhaps mylar for mor effective usage of light.)

The room is 1,5m x 1,7m

The execution of this;
    I'll sprout and sow the 10seeds in small pots, keep them under fluoros for 1 week approx.

Move them under HPS for 24/0 lightperiod,.

Will do LST(by the time I've got 4 leafpairs), and then perhaps flim..

Take clones from all or most plants.

I will transplant to 10" pots when I start seeing the tap root from the bottom of the small pot or when they seem big enough.

when LST is done(when I think I'ts done) I will start a 12/12 lightperiod.

Then I'll kill of any males.

after a coupple of weeks flowering I'll change fertilizers to Heavy weight.

Will harvest 7 or 8 weeks into f-period.

Input anyone?
    Should i have fewer plants? I was mostly thinking that I want atleast 4 females..

Should I get mylar to restrict the light to only one m2(the walls are painted white) or is it enough if I have them in a corner(the room in total is a bit over 2m2).

Is the NPK ratios about right? should I get other ferts? I found them on a MJ-growpage so I just figured they should be about right..

2. the 20-5-30 is more suitable for veg, but u might get better results by mixing both products (that heavy weight is low in phosphorous, phosphorous stimulates root growth) and u can use the 15-30-15 for flower.... just make sure not to nute until after 2 or 3 weeks after sprout... and ALWAYS start at 1/4 of the recommended dose

also, it would be smart to use mylar and even smarter to either plant less seeds, or dont take clones, u are getting way ahead of yourself. clones are pretty hard to deal with. Also with that 600w HPS the maximum number of females u want to have under that in flower is 6-8, but with LST i would say 4-6

3. I was thinking of cloning them all just to get a mother for later, will only keep a few of the clones once I know what sexes they are.. The reason of the large amount of seeds is that I wont use feminized seeds so I expect half to turn out male..

4. are u going to have a separate veg and flower room? if so.. that will work out nicely

5. probably not unfortunately... was thinking of keeping one of the clones when i know its sex and keep it under fluorocent ligt in another room during nights and take it (and the fluoro) into my main flower-rom during lighthours.. Il only take cuttings from it after I've harvested the rest..

6. heh i face the same problem as u, i need to figure a way to keep my clones somewhere... too bad they wont root in 12/12... but why not keep the clone in that other room 24/7?

7. dont really think I will have that big a bulb(prob 125W low energy bulb), so I figured it could use a little boosting from the HPS..