Need some ideas!! Please help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TmbleHigh1, Dec 2, 2010.

1. So i have a nice sized cab i grow in, but i also grow outside of it. I have an area that i have 4 plants that my cat just cant keep her paws out of... Theres way to many variables and ways for her to get in there so keeping her out of the room is just not possible. I noticed a week or so ago there were flat spots or little spots where she stuck her nose in the soil but i didnt mind it all that much because she wasnt touching the plants or doing any harm, so i just put up wire around the plants in a square to keep her out. Today i went to water my plants and found she had dug in one of the pots and thrown soil everywhere, she only ripped one leave off, but turned the soil about i the top 2-3 inches... i refilled it with soil and was watering when i noticed a smell... She had taken a shit in my plants pot! It was buried about 4 inches down, a nice triumphant turd was sitting there. I did my best to get it all out but getting 100% of it was just impossible...

A. Could this be dangerous to my plant? I know fertilizer is shit in a sense but raw shit just doesnt seem too healthy for a plant to me lol.

B. I'm looking for ideas to keep my cat away from these 4 plants, i can't move them and can't keep her out of the room all the time. I already have wire around the plants, but this ninja bitch can sneak her way inbetween anything it seems like.
    My friend told me to catch her in the act, and i have caught her snooping on the plants and shown my anger/chased her out, but cats are probably one of the stupidest animals on this planet.... He told me if that didnt work catch her in the act, leash her up on her collar, and spray her with the water hose for few minutes... I don't think i have it in me to do that lol, any ideas?

2. lol... this is happen to alot of us, yeah the turd can be bad, add beneficials and enzymes, to help break anything in there down. if theres more beneficials in there the harder it is for bad bacteria and fungus to grow.

my grandma used to spay water and pepper sauce on her garden to keep rabits away, as long as there in veg try that, that will teach her. get something to cover ur medium (soil or what ever the plants growing in).
    hopefuly in time she'll learn that the plant now hurts when she plays with it

3. Go get a bag 3/4'' crushed stone, the kind people usualy have in their driveways if their not paved. Put the rocks on top of the soil this will keep your cat out of the pots cuz she wont like the way they feel and it is hard for her to dig in. Dont spray your cat with water or leash her or discipline her in any way as I just found out the hard way after disiplining my cat and now he hates me:( cats are not smart enough to put 2 and 2 together she will just think your being mean for no reason and learn to not like you. Take it from me, I disciplined my cat for peeing on the carpet and now hes terrified of me.

4. Thanks for the replies guys, do you know of any generic enzymes i can put it to help fight the bacteria? Also, with rocks on the surface how do i tell when i need to water, just push some aside and test like i usually do?

Headstash- Yeah i dont think i have it in me to do that to my cat lol.... She already hates me, but shes just a stubborn lil bitch haha, its my girls cat >.>

5. Yeah id say just push some aside you dont need alot just enough to cover the dirt, so it should be nothing to move a rock or two outta the way to see see if your soil is dry.

6. enzymes help break down organic matter, and dont kill bacteria.