Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

need some ideas for my bong!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RUFFLZ, Jan 6, 2012.

1. so i ordered a downstem from GC and it was the slightest bit too long.

i made a thread a couple weeks ago about it

http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/965008-ok.html

so basically they said if i pay for it to be shipped back to GC, theyll give me a refund. turns out shipping is WAY more than i expected. $40 bucks to ship a $20 dollar item.

so im gonna keep my downstem and try to make it wok with my bong. (pics and description) in other thread.
    anyone have an idea on how to make the downstem airtight???

2. put a couple wraps of electrical tape around the ds

3. this is exactly (word for word) what i was going to say...

4. [quote name='"CanadaGuy"']put a couple wraps of electrical tape around the ds[/quote]

ya but then id have to take it off everytime i change the water

5. I think he means around the top just a little bit lower than where it seals with the hole so that it doesn't touch the bottom, not sure if I made that clear enough. :smoke:

6. no. put it around the downstem to make it thicker to fit airtight not taping to the bong itself. if you did that you wouldn't have to take it off

7. Do the electrical tape, but be sure to never roast your bowls to much, electrical tape has a low melting point(kinda).
    But with glass on glass, unless your an idiot(30 second lighter burn) you should be golden.
    Do it proper tho, take time to make it perfect smooth and tight!

8. did it really carefully and its air tight! i usually use a hempwick for about 5 seconds to light the bowl so i think ill be ok