Need some help with New Plant- Possible light burn?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by scottydont8792, Nov 2, 2011.

1. I started this plant as a seed, germinated it and planted it. I think it may have been burned when I was gone for a weekend and it got very close to the light, which is weird because i am using a cfl (it still does get a little hot). The plant is 2 weeks old.
    Ill just list/describe my setup
    soil: generic potting soil (good balance of nutrients) mixed with perlite moisture control, but the first 2 weeks was mixed with seed starting soil as well.
    65 watt CFL ( I went for the most lumens, it is soft white also) + 4 foot t12 fluorescent
    18/6 light cycle
    fan in the room
    Watering every 3-4 days, increased recently
    Just started using miracle grow for fertilizer/nutrients

The main problem is the yellowing/burn spots. Also the plant has stopped or slowed upward growth and the leaves seem to be curling down. I just dont think she is doing very well and I would appreciate any and all help.

It also seems very short/small for two weeks. I have another growing and it originally was doing about the same and now is much bigger.

Thanks in advance for the help

Attached Files:

2. IMHO miracle gro gots to go

3. Also way to early to start feeding if it's still a seedling. Usually with most soils you don't feed I till at least a couple weeks into full veg growth

4. ok. I just got the recomendation from a friend and have only used the miracle grow once, but maybe I really screwed up. Also, I moved her from a red cup that I was using as a pot to this one several days ago- could the stress have been too much?

5. Looks like nute burn on the plant. Transplant into soil made for marijuana. Not the garden in your front yard

6. You can grow a plant from seed in MG soil just fine, but at first you need to not fully saturate the soil, just a good perimeter around the stem.. maybe 3 inches. That way you wont release too many nutes at first. But better soil is much easier and better. MG will leave the harvest full of nutes which makes the smoke harsh because you cant really flush that soil. It looks like pretty minimal nute burn and over watering. peace

7. thanks guys I appreciate the help a lot.