need some help with homemade glass bong:)

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by grasssnot, Apr 7, 2010.

1. #1 grasssnot, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
    hi guys, im gonna make a glass bong, buying one is not an option so ill make one:)

i got the bottle, drillbits, drill. possibly a downstem and a bowl.

can i use this as a downstem and a bowl?:) if so how can i attatch it to the glass bottle.
    will cut where theres red.
    the bottle neck is 7cm
    which metals are safe to use?
    [​IMG]

2. I would just buy the female piece and a bowl for it then use a diamond dust coated bit to drill through the glass. Just pop the female piece in with some sort of rubber thing to keep it airtight. Happy toking :smoke:

3. glass looks hella thin.. use a blow torch to put the stem in. drilling and stuff can create the risk of inhaling glass particles.

4. My cignature says it all. I used a diamond drill bit.

You are an idiot.

5. it aint thin, feels kinda solid, lost it on the ground once, didnt break its kinda heavy.

6. your best bet is going to be to make a hole big enough to fit a rubber gromit around the hole. just go to a head shop and get a metal slide and gromit so you know how big to make the hole. look for a glass pipe that is not GonG so it has the rubber gromit and metal down tube with metal slide and just dupe that. buy the gromit slide and down tube. should work fine throw some water in that bitch and rip it!

7. I would just stick to joints until you can buy a bong, likely if you can't buy a bong, you cant go to a head-shop and buy a down-stem and bowl. And I wouldn't risk smoking out of something that wasn't intended to be smoked out of, you run the risk of smoking harmful chemicals.

And if you insist on using something you find around the house as a down-stem or bowl, stay away from copper.

That's just my 2 cents, peace.:smoke:

8. iv made my own glass piece once when i was in like 7th grade using a dremil tool. and that bottle is "designed" to hold contents that you will drink so with a rubber gromit on the unpolished glass will keep the so called glass particles(if thats what your worried about) locked behind the gromit. and how much would a down tube gromit and bowl/slide cost? i havent looked for them exactly because i only care about GonG now. but i know what he means by being on an extrealy tight budget. ya joints get the job done but i bet for the same price as the slide, down tube and gromit you could get yourself a cheap spoon or something like that for less than 20$.

and i have firends that only have a spoon. they are not into it as much as i am i guess. i love bongs over almost everything else. i havent had the privalage to smoke a vaporizer yet but someday i might have one with a 14mm bong attachment! lol best of both worlds...LOL

9. i cant buy anything because there is no headshop near me and i cant order from internet cus i dont have a card.

for sealing the stem can i use silicon?
    link: http://www.biltema.no/no/Bygg/Kjemikalier/Silikon/Silikon-hoytemperatur/
    its in norwegian.
    ill transelate.
    Stays elastic without cracking. can take temperatures from -50 to +250 celcius.
    for uses in car and boats : gasket.

10. ya i would think you could. mabe use high temp rtv or something. i dont know if it will be safe. i dont know if the silicon will make any toxic fumes either.

11. alright I got an idea for cutting where that red part is.... well first get a shoe lace or thick string and soak it in alchohol for a bit make sure the whole string is soaked.... then tie it where the read line is and make sure its really tight....now light that string on fire and burn for a bit.... then tap the bottle in a cold water bucket and it should break in half perfectly...try it on a glass bottle for a test....it may not sound like it will work but it will I'll find that video to show you:hello:

12. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A4J7RcdsfM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A4J7RcdsfM[/ame]

it will work with all glass trust me

13. thats awesome:D but we already have a good glasscutting thing so that would be easier, but thanks anyways

14. why are you bumping this.. people have told you ways to go about doing this and you aren't tellin us if you have done anything or not..

what are your questions for the bump?

15. re-read.. if you are asking about using the silicone I don't see how it could be a bad thing.. it can clearly withstand the heat and won't give off anything bad from a small lighter when they make ovenmits and other crap like that which gets useds all the time.. I would still try and find a way to either make the two glass pieces connecting as smooth as possible before putting them together..