need some help with growing bud outside in bc

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bc ganja, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Hey guys! I've been viewing this forum for quite some time now and have finally decided to register myself because I had a few questions.

1. I live in British Columbia (On the west coast border of BC and Washington State to be exact), is this location okay to grow weed outside?

2. My plan is to start growing during mid-March because thats when the temperatures start to warm up. I have until mid-September to harvest because after that the temperatures start to drop.

3. During the day the temperature is anywhere from 22 to 32 degrees celsius, at night the temperature during March - September is anywhere from 15 to 22 degrees. Is this temperature okay to grow weed outside?

4. I'm only going to plant around 10-15 seeds. Should I first plant the seeds indoor for around 3 weeks to allow them to start growing and then move them outside or should I just plant the seeds straight in the ground outside?

5. The location I'm going to be using will be away from people so I will be bringing my own water from home. I'm also going to dig a hole and put good quality top soil into it and then plant the seeds in that. Is there anything else I need to do other than watering everyday?

6. Any other comments you have :)

THANK YOU all for any help you give me! This is my first grow op and I want it to be a success! :)

PS. What strain do you think I should grow outside in the weather climate I described? Also, its a rainy climate here but between march and september it hardly ever rains.

2. hey buddy,

1. if you get a moderate amount of sun, and without everyday rainfall you should be good.

2. I wouldnt plant that early in march because of the natural light sheduals. i think its best for late may/early june. plus march is still rainy

3. temp really depends on the strain, i would suggest planting an indica(its heritage comes from the high mountains of asia), indicas do way better that sativa's when it comes to temp.

4.I always transplant, that way i know the seeds have sprouted and are some what stronger when i plant.

5. Location location location. i really suggest camping out close by to se if you get hiker traffic or just randoms. what i normaly do is get a good quality top soil with a low nutrient content. Then i buy a bucket of Organicare nutrients that are slow release(you mix in with your soil, kinda looks like little dry dog food pellets), these nutes should last you untill flowering, then i hit them with miraclegrow ultrabloom(i use about a 1/3 of what the package says). also you really dont need top water everyday, and i really suggest you dont go to your plot everyday(attracts unwanted attention) once every 3-4 days if it is super hot out has always worked for me.

6. I really cant stress enough about the location, dont ever think "oh well no one whould evvvverrr come here''.. basicly if its a bitch for you to get to your plot then its a bitch to for rippers/the law to get there too. Strain wise, like i said earlier go indica. I grow purple kush, or other kush varieties because they can take a beating/can also take a frost or too. plus who dosnt love Kush?

Good luck bro!

3. Thanks bro! Some really good information here :) I'll definitely go with a strain that is Indica :)