Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need some help with anxiety.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by kawaffles, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Hey guys, first time posting on this site. I've had this problem for about a year now. One time me and my friend got some extra potent chronic from a pretty shady guy. Can't remember how much we bought now, probably around 5 grams. Anyways, we smoked most of it in one sitting and after it started to kick in, I realized that I was way higher than I should have been. I was seeing CEV's and my body was numb beyond belief. Me and my friend, in our stoned logic, had come to the conclusion that our bud must have been laced with PCP or something of the like. (The only psychedelic drug i had tried before this was an eighth of shrooms that me and my buddies split and I didn't feel much.) So I didn't really know what to expect as far as psychedelics go. I ended up dry heaving into my sink, freaking out and trying to stop the high, as i wasn't prepared for what i thought was going to be the ride of my life. Eventually, I did come down and realized i was being an idiot, but ever since this event, I've had an irrational fear of laced bud. Even out of the same batch. I don't know why but every time I smoke up, and feel like something is a little out of place, I freak the fuck out. Usually I can manage this, but my problem has gotten to the point where I am reluctant to smoke at all. Don't take this wrong, I love Mary Jane to death but I cant help it. If anyone could offer some solution as to how I can get a normal mindset back, I would be thankful. Sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum.

2. That's messed up, I'm sorry you had that experience. Getting laced products does make you skeptical for awhile. My best advice to you would be to grow your own buds, if possible. If that's not an option then you'll just have to stick to picking up from dealers that you really trust. Before you actually make a purchase, ask the dealer if they've smoked what they're about to give you and ask what the high is like. Buying "street weed" is always a risk but if you're careful and thorough, you can make sure that you always end up with quality bud. Be sure to smoke with friends you trust too, in an environment you feel safe in. Smoking in uncomfortable situations will increase your anxiety, in general, which you're obviously trying to avoid. I think your anxiety will go away with time. The psychological effects of a bad drug experience definitely have a tendency to linger! Good luck. 

3. Bad shit happens find a good friend and ask who he buys from, and if you want to be extra chill with your dealer smoke him out after you buy.

4. Dude more often than not laced bud means somebody is putting a drug that by itself is more expensive than weed in the weed and then selling it for weed prices. A.K.A a loss of profit. As far as anxiety I would say focus on your breathing. My heart tends to race when I smoke and even though I tell myself that everything is chill, it still isn't. That is until I focus on my breathing. Like actually try to slow your heart rate down by inhaling deeply through your mouth and exhaling through your nose. I've been doing it lately and I've finally be able to enjoy my highs like I used to for the first time in over a year.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks guys, most of the techniques definitely work. I'm high now and feel great.

6. I had a similar experience lol.

I had my house to myself, bought a bag off a friend and smoked an entire gram to myself in my room, (1st few months of starting to smoke) closed my eyes while laying in bed, and saw insane geometric patterns, mostly one shape in the middle which stayed a spinning pyramid for some time, surrounded by changing shapes.

I thought I was dying lol, and it lasted for maybe an hour till I fell asleep. Never bought bud off that kid or hung out with him again, but other friends suggested it was mixed with salvia. Me being a new smoker I couldn't tell.

but after that experience I questioned my highs and the weed I was buying for a while, but after weeding out untrustworthy dealers I got rid of my anxiety

7. I had a similar experience lol.

I had my house to myself, bought a bag off a friend and smoked an entire gram to myself in my room, (1st few months of starting to smoke) closed my eyes while laying in bed, and saw insane geometric patterns, mostly one shape in the middle which stayed a spinning pyramid for some time, surrounded by changing shapes.

I thought I was dying lol, and it lasted for maybe an hour till I fell asleep. Never bought bud off that kid or hung out with him again, but other friends suggested it was mixed with salvia. Me being a new smoker I couldn't tell.

but after that experience I questioned my highs and the weed I was buying for a while, but after weeding out untrustworthy dealers I got rid of my anxiety

8. I had a similar experience lol.

9. i really only think people lace weed with salvia now adays.... ive  never experienced that myself but realistically who would be that stupid to lose money? no one does that... 

anxiety can do crazy things my friend.... you just gotta relax.. im a huge stressball myself

goodluck happy smokin  :smoke:

10. Everyone goes through it at some point in their smokey life...you just gotta chill, you know weed can't hurt you, just tell yourself to enjoy it and think about funny shit...I have a ritual of toking up and watching Family Guy, its the shizzz

11. Google is my best friend. It has given me lots of information on anxiety. I have overcome my own anxiety. You can too.

Research anxiety my friend. 

This ^. I like to roll little spliffs and I have Workaholics on DVR so I find it fun as hell to smoke 1 spliff per episode. 2-3 episodes in and I'm geekin. Plus they light up on that show a decent bit so I pretend like I'm blazin with them a haha

13. I feel you man, a lot of the time after being very freaked out while high you will associate that feeling with getting high. And since the mindset of being high has so much to do with how you feel, if you get high thinking "oh shit what if blank happens" then you will psyche your self into thinking that it WILL actually happen. And that causes stress, and stress while high is no bueno. 

I dealt with this due to several run ins with some fascist ass pigs and a period of time not being able to get high. Coming back in was very rough but after just changing my mindset about smoking (also setting and smoking buds) I was able to get back into the groove of the herb that I love so dearly. It takes time and is something you have to work at. But when you do I feel as though the high you get after you overcome that anxiety is better then the high that one was attaining before running in to trouble

best of luck 

By the way, I would bet money your grass wasn't laced brother. Like my mans said it is more expensive in lacing weed than just selling you that shit normal. You just got really high and weren't expecting it. It happens.

14. Are you absolutely certain it was weed?

About a year ago would indicate the final segment of potpourri/incense...  It's all illegal now, but back then it caused the reaction you described.
    You know the JWH-XXX up to 425, CP XX,XXX, WIN XXXXX-X, and HU-XXX. You wouldn't know but those were the chemicals powering the "Not for human consumption" products.

Anyway those drugs may be considered pseudo weed, they are in fact amphetamines. They are highly addictive and lead to ridiculously anxious behavior.
    Raw JWH got me sent to the hospital. Luckily it wasn't illegal so no cops were involved, but $1000 bill changed my mind.

Your shady dude may have just sprayed some weed smell and told you it was bud.
    I once had a guy try to sell me some fake stuff, but it was obvious what it wasn't... It looked like a pile of sticks with marshmallow leaves.

15. No, I'm certain it was weed. I use a pipe and don't grind my weed, so i had the whole bud intact. It wasn't some synthetic shit.

16. Then the only advice i have is this: weed in some respects enhances your current mood not exactly the norm but it does happen. So before you smoke maintain a safe place to do it, don't let paranoia sink in.
    Have something ready to do, watch, listen too. Anything you'll enjoy.
    If that don't work. Then before you smoke force certain calming brain chemicals out...

Find a bathroom and spank the monkey...

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. ya pretty normal, you gotta smoke through it