Need some help w/my guitar

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by JaneInMyBrain, Oct 26, 2004.

1. theres just some things i dont understand about the tabs. Like when it just says chords to play for a song it never sounds like the song. Maybe its just cuz i really suck. But it sounds NOTHING like the song. I been gettin em off the internet when my friends write them for me i can play them fine.

2. Ok I play giutar and what is i have noticed is the tabs off the internet are alot of the time just bullshit. So stick to your friends writing them for you.

3. http://www.olga.net/

Quite good site...I use it sometimes...

But yeah...the songs' transcriptions are not always done by pros, so there are a lot of mistakes. But sometimes they just use the wrong tuning...1 tone too high or low...or your guitar is out of tune...

Get some buddy to pick out the chords i the songs you want or buy a book (ok they're too expensive :mad: )

4. most likely your gee-tar isnt tuned to the song your trying to play.
    also, if your looking for the same exact sound as the riff in the song dont forget to take into consideration the effects used.

5. mxtabs.net is the best tab site i know of. check your tuning and the pressure you're putting down on the chords, as well as your time values.

6. go to huge fansites of the bands, or the band themselves site. there will often be correct tabs on there cause they select the best of the best.
    like for pink floyd go to www.pinkfloyd-co.com for acurate floyd tabs.

7. OK thnx guys ill try out some of those sites too.