Need some help on closet setup please!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by tenacity2986, Sep 12, 2006.

1. I have a 2 x 4 area. I am going to have 8 plants in this area, one in every square foot.

Mylar is to cover the walls. Also a switchable 400 watt mh/hps ballast is going to be

used. Need some help on where to get seeds from online that is reliable and has

feminized seeds. Also need to know how tall plants should be before putting into

flowering. Ceiling is 8 ft. high. I have grown outdoors in 5 gallon buckets and it worked

out very well. Looking to perfect my indoor cultivation techniques over the next year

or so. Thanks guys!

2. Please does anyone havea clue? Im going to get pictures up soon but I think i described it fairly well. Pleasseeee Anything!!!!!!! Save the ganja!!!!!

3. one every square foot will be tight.... Doesnt matter how tall the plant is to flower, it can be a couple of feet, or 6 feet. Just change the light cycle, obviously the bigger it is, the more yield there will be. as regards feminized seeds? i wouldn't bother, females can turn into males EASILY..... Its up to you though. as regards where to get them..... www.google.com ;)

4. Assuming that I grow 8 plants in 8 sq. ft. to appx 4 feet tall under 400 watt hps/mh, how much yield would you personally expect?

5. i wouldn't concern yourself with how many oz you will pull, get the room working first. extraction is a deffo in that size room, mine is similar and the rvk 125 i have is still not enough( i only got 100mm ducting though) when i use the halide. temps of up to 85/86( old money, sorry) ok so the halide pushes more heat than the sodium, and temps with sodium are spot on, but you will see it go off the scale without sucking the heat out.

6. yea the room i have is a closet which is part of an apartment. My strategy is that i wont heat the apartment and expect the 400 watt bulb to heat my apartment enough to be comfortable. The winter months are arriving here in new england and it will snow and it will be verry verrryyyyyyyyyyyy cold outside. As far as it being too hott... im just not sure that is exactly feasible in my situation. but we'll see.

I think that using the closet door to release heat and to regulate temperature will be enough. Im just wondering if there will be enough co2 etc for the plant to grow substantially.

Am i better off having 3 females take up 8 sq ft? Like will i get more yield than trying to pull 8 plants into a tight space (well not soo tight if i open the door... but u get the point.) The 2 gallon pots are going to be about 3 inches from eachother so.... i dont see that being enough but i want to primarily focus on the colas of the bud anyways...

7. Dr chronic to answer your seed question, as for your venting technique, It may leave a bit to be desired. you mentioned using it as a heating solution for you, are you planning on keeping the lights on at night during flowering? Please keep in mind that for the 12 hours of darktime, it indeed needs to be dark, no light at all.

as for yeild, it is impossible to predict, but given the right circumstsnces a 4 ft plant treated well may give you 1oz (this of course can skewed by a multitude of different factors)

8. indeed. there are MANY variables in conditions, care , lenght of vegging time etc. to decide your yield. I was getting up to 1.5 oz on 2 1/2 to 3 ft indicas(always topped) and an oz with pure sativas at same height in my old setup, no proper extraction, but the room was actually an out-building and quite cool and airy. Now in a room much the same as yours with the air exchange sorted out i expect much better results. You will have to leave the door ajar , but also get the room lightproofed for flowering AND allow fresh air in via vents. an oscillating fan is a must. i would suggest enviros or a 250w unless you want to battle extreme temps. it will be easier in winter, but come springtime you'll have to stop for six months with the 400w lamp.
    just my thoughts with my experiences. good luck

9. yea in springtime, i have an outdoor and indoor setup in mind. im going to add an airconditioner in the grow room for the summer so hopefully that will mitigate the problem.