need some help: maui waui - hermi?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by harryCHRONICjr, Oct 8, 2009.

1. today, i saw these nodes and also found a pod with a seed inside! i am 59 days into flowering and still have quite a few more weeks to go. that is, unless, it's a hermi...

what it's look like, guys?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sorry to bump. i hope those pics are sufficient. anyone see hermie traits?

my buds still need time to fill out more, so i'm hoping these nodes will open up to more pistils...?

3. #3 john, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2009
    Nope.
    You must be giving the plant additives.
    With those sugar leaves burnt, later on you might see the odd pollen sack, just slice them off with a scalpal.

4. thanks for your analysis. i am feeding "her" Botanicare PureBlend PROgro bloom, their Liquid Karma, and lately some fish emulsion and molasses.

5. i am seeing a bit too many to be trying to scalpel them all off:(

is it ok if i leave them?

6. Don't cut anything off the plant. Put up a photo if you're not certain what it is. I don't see any pollen sacks on that plant.

7. These are are pollen sacks.
    Hermie plant.jpg

Attached Files:

8. I dont see any on the pics, but if you say its got nuts, well then it has hermed. Cut em off as soon as you see them, mist with water 2x a day to inactivate any pollen that escapes. good luck you will have a slighlty seeded girl, should still be good, your yield wont be as high due to the feralized buds making seed instead of resin.

9. #9 harryCHRONICjr, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2009
    beings a newbie, i'm pretty sure i mistaken these "pollen sacks" for nodes. with a magnifying glass i am able to see that some of the nodes have little brown hairs coming out of them, with crystals! i was caught off guard a bit when i found a pod with a seed.

her bud regions still have some filling out to do. "Ashley Budd" here is day 61 days into flowering with a due date not anytime soon:) other than these nodes (most having crystal hairs coming from them), her buds don't look hermie-like. after 61 days (veg'd for 90), is it common to still have node regions forming?

thanks for all your help SpongePaul and john!